The Dice Are Cast >> WFRP Dice Accessory Packs Are Here!

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

FINALLY!

Now at least a week, till it gets to Europe.. awwwww..

Holy #$%!

C'mon get to canada quick! haha

so much money for so few dices... I expected to have as much dices as you get when you buy the main box.

I have to agree that there are too few dice.

What I would like to see is a players set. It could include the main rules (character creation and how to play the game) + Careers / Character sheets and dice (same amount as the core set). Probably need the cards as well.

Not sure what the price would be but about half the core set sounds good to me.

That would be a reasonable buy in for people who never see themselves being GM's and also would mean the GM isn't the one who has to buy everything for the game which is how it stands at the moment.

Would also sell a lot more copies as remember there are on average 5:1 players to GM's in most groups. So with a players kit FFG could sell 1 core and 5 players sets per gaming group (potentially).

At the moment it looks more like 1 or 2 cores + Adventures kit plus a couple of dice sets.

AVJax said:

What I would like to see is a players set. It could include the main rules (character creation and how to play the game) + Careers / Character sheets and dice (same amount as the core set). Probably need the cards as well.

That's exactly what all players on my party were looking for : basic rules, full dice set, character sheet, basics cards. Each of them would buy it.

willmanx said:

AVJax said:

That's exactly what all players on my party were looking for : basic rules, full dice set, character sheet, basics cards. Each of them would buy it.

So what about careers cards? Would you include a full set of them? Can't do chargen without them. What about tokens and stance meter? Probably need to throw those in there too. What about spellcasting and invocation rules? They would need to repackage the rules portions of the ToB and ToM along with the core rules in a slightly larger book. I'm sure there's a good reason why they didn't go this route in the first place.

I do agree though that the mix of dice in the expansion pack does't make sense to me. A single pack isn't enough for a player and to get enough Challenge dice you have to buy 4 packs, nearly half the cost of the core set, which will leave you with way too many of other types of dice.

I'm also confused about the number of dice included; I definitely agree that the full set from the Core should be in the packs. Players can be funny sometimes about sharing dice (I, for example, have terrible luck, and people don't want me touching their dice *grin*).

Finaly the dice are here, it's good becouse my players would have now they own sets and I will have a bigger set of them ;p.