The Future of this game ?

By dfernand, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

I'm just wondering will this game be picked up and continued by Games Workshop given the licensing transfer back to GW ? or were the Troll Slayer / Witch hunter the end of the line for this product ?

I think Troll Slayer ended it.

It would be nice to see this continued but I'm not holding my breath.

It's dead. FFG cannot use the GW license anymore. The only hope is to have the game system be re-used by FFG with another theme.

Its pretty much dead in the water.

The IP belongs to Games Workshop but the game itself (mechanics etc.) belong to Fantasy Flight.

Unless the two start working together again, then this game has reached the end of its life.

This simply means they can take the mechanics and move them to a different setting. From Star Wars to Terrinoth, from L5R to the Mythos World: they just have to design new adventures and new classes, and they have a brand new game. Easy peasy. I believe this will be reskinned; the only question is: which setting will be used?

On 2/6/2017 at 0:49 PM, Julia said:

This simply means they can take the mechanics and move them to a different setting. From Star Wars to Terrinoth, from L5R to the Mythos World: they just have to design new adventures and new classes, and they have a brand new game. Easy peasy. I believe this will be reskinned; the only question is: which setting will be used?

I wonder if they will bother to re-skin this. I had figured they would re-skin it in the Terrinoth universe, but after playing the Arkham Horror card game I'm not so sure. There are definitely aspects of that game that are... reminiscent... of WQ:TACG and at least for our group it definitely scratches a similar itch.