RPG in the future?

By Khan77, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Was looking at the Terminal Directive Campaign announcement and the first thing that came to mind was "Why is there not an Android RPG?" I think this IP would lend well to being translated to an RPG (not at the expense of the LCG mind you) and would easily fill the place of the Games Workshop IP based RPGs that will be going away. I'm not really into LCGs but an Android RPG is something I would buy.

Welcome to the club.

With the amount of fluff and novels that have come out, the board games sales and the success of the LCG, yes I think and RPG has been thought of and my guess is an announcement late this year.

2 hours ago, Tekwych said:

With the amount of fluff and novels that have come out, the board games sales and the success of the LCG, yes I think and RPG has been thought of and my guess is an announcement late this year.

Well...then...I must go prepare the happy dance I plan to use once this announcement arrives!

18 hours ago, Tekwych said:

I think and RPG has been thought of and my guess is an announcement late this year.

You spelled "wishful thinking" wrong.

Of course it's a fact that the FFG people are aware of the possibility of developing an RPG line--people have been asking for years. But whether they think it'll sell or are working on it at all, we know absolutely nothing. Khan77, don't lace up your dancing shoes just yet.

Well it depends on what type of RPG and how will it be diffrent from others. Android is not the first semi-role universe to have cyberspace. There is shadowrun.

Then there is also the solar system. With Moon and Mars speaking of which, has anyone watch the Expanse lately?

<3 The Expanse

I enjoy The Expanse and season 2 sneak peek tonight. It's billed as Game of Thrones in space, but thankfully it isn't.

On 2/1/2017 at 1:59 PM, Scottgun said:

I enjoy The Expanse and season 2 sneak peek tonight. It's billed as Game of Thrones in space, but thankfully it isn't.

Yeah, I think so too. But I understand why marketing branded it as GoT in space. Then again I do have a love-hate (okay mostly hate) relationship with marketing. Often time they do have to do a little misleading to get the mindless masses to the table.

On 1/26/2017 at 7:43 PM, Tekwych said:

With the amount of fluff and novels that have come out...

Can you point me to this? I'm trying to make an RPG for this based off the Apocalypse World rules, but I'm struggling to find the lore for this game. Thanks in advance for the help.

5 hours ago, SarisonZero said:

Can you point me to this? I'm trying to make an RPG for this based off the Apocalypse World rules, but I'm struggling to find the lore for this game. Thanks in advance for the help.

If you're looking for a higher level source-book style thing, this product is by far the best: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/the-worlds-of-android/

Otherwise, check this page: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-novels/

Edited by nungunz

As nungunz said. Also every data pack has an insert with fluff and backstory. I dint know if anyone has brought it all together buy look for the incepts in those data packs.

also:
The Identity Trilogy by Mel Odom
- Golem , Book one
- Mimic , Book Two
- Rebel , Book Three
Android: Free Fall by William H. Keith
Android: Monster Slayer by Daniel Lovat Clark (co-creator of the Android universe)

Android: Exodus , Lisa Farrell
Android: Monitor , Leigh Alexander

Available at DriveThroughRPG, iTunes and in Dead Tree.

Edited by Tekwych

I spent an embarrassing amount of time looking for an online distributor called "Dead Tree." Thanks for the leads, I'll post updates as progress happens.

With this on the horizon, I think we have our answer.

And since Android was mentioned in the article itself, I hold out hope we've been heard!

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:33 AM, Grimwalker said:

And since Android was mentioned in the article itself,

Where?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by CommissarFeesh