Adeptus mechanicus and psykers

By Professor Tanhauser, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Do you think that a tech priest or engineseer would have any particular fear or hostility towards psykers? I wonder if tney'd simply see psykers as having abilities that make them useful but also subject to "being hacked" by chaos. I wonder if they would have the aame fear and hate most normal people do or just see them as more useful with possible dangers.

No, they also don't use the term "hacked"

Magos Biologis regularly experiment with psykers in minor ways.

Going to far, as usual, is considered heresy.

You're not supposed to make tech dependent on warpcraft for example, or mess with psyker gene sequences for another.

Tech Priests have their fear of the mundane things of the Imperium removed from them, they fear a whole different set of things.

A psyker to the AdMech is a riddle, a conundrum that does not follow natural law. It is abhorrent in that regard as it defies to Divine Mathematics that govern the galaxy and its workings. However, that also makes the psyker an object of intrigue and mystery to the more enterprising Genetor or similar-minded Tech-Priest. They may regard him in the same way a scientist regards an unknown in an equation, seek to quantify his powers and find how he manifests them. This can ofc easily lead to the Tech-Priest killing the psyker or going too far in his experiments as ThenDoctor said. Those individuals may pose a threat and need to be put down for the safety of the Imperium.

They also have to play nice with any Grey Knights who are sent to be trained as techmarines (as all Grey Knights are psykers)

Well, the AM must realize that without psykers, such as navigators and the astropaths, interstellar empires become very difficult to maintain. Sp I assume they accept them s part of the machine god..oh, excuse me, the omnissiah's perfect plan.

I think the AM feels that without the blessing of the Omnisiah psykers would have no real use. What is a Navigator without a ship? An Astropath without choir relays? The 1000 psykers that feed the Emperor without the Throne? Nothing.

Tech Priests also refer to the Omnisiah as the Machine God. It's not blasphemous to use the different names, they're the same thing to them.