Tannhauser online contest !

By guest466172, in Tannhauser

Hi, as some of you know, i'm one of the old members of the Tannhauser french forum.

For Christmas holidays, i organize the 4th Battle of the Web which is an online tournament of the game through Vassal game support.

I know, you're not in, but i feel sorry about the fact that so much non french tannhauser players aren't concerned by such events.

So, i would like to know if some of you could be interested by the idea. What about a new tournament with french and americans players in the first monthes of 2009 ?

Just tell me. See you and happy Christmas.

I would be interested. Wish I could speak french.

If there is an English version, I would definitely play.

My girlfriend is tired of translating French for me, and my French has improved slightly, but I still have the vocabulary of a 2 year old, albeit outfitted with militaristic terms...

I would love to be able to take part in the online contests. My translator on the PC isn't the greatest and it doesn't work for PDFs--but it would be phenomenal if it could include us English-speakers.

I'd love to join in :)

Vassal support could be considered as an international version of Tannhauser online. Only fews words should be translated, this is a not a problem.

The language could be considered as a barrier but i don't really think because on Vassal, you can also write your orders in a dedicated window. Most of the french geek online players speak approximatively english (like me)...so it could works !

For me, the real problems are : the small differences between your and our rules and the absence of the Matriarchy, the necessity to translate the scenarios we play to let you train on them before the tournament...and, last but not the least, the jet lag ( 4 to 6 hours). I need to think about that !

I personnally live in a french island along the Canadian shores, so if we don't find a good solution perhaps we can try to begin with a american tournament just to see what it means !

If you get some ideas about all these stuffs, just write them.

Hey Watchman, long time no talk! Yeah, I'm back after a long absence :P I moved out on my own back in April and only recently got the internet lol

Well, you know I'm definitely up for some online gaming, but the issue is the time difference, as stated. Weekends are definitely the best time, seeing as I work all week and I go to bed/get up early during that time. Saturdays and Sundays could work.

If you need me to translate scenarios (man, I haven't checked the French scenarios in a long time) for the guys here let me know.

BTW, I presume you picked up Field Ops and Daedalus? How are they?

Do they accept PDFs or Jpegs or just PNGs?