Black Industries' Guide to the Calixis Sector - Anyone got it?

By ThenDoctor, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Weird for 2nd edition forum I know, but those that play DH2 have a decent change to have played DH1 so I want to try here as well.

I see it gets brought up on occasion but I figured I'd ask one last time before this forum goes to the archives.

Anyone got a link or the actual pdf BL made?

Not the Encyclopedia Calixis or the Calixis Sector Encyclopedia, the original pdf.

Jeez Doc! I think I'd can sooner find a pdf of The quick and the dead for Deadlands, than this thing!

I've poked around some troves but nothing. Even the russians didn't have what you were looking for. Closest I came was a dead link on a german site.

Hope one day you find what you're looking for.

If anyone has better luck/intell, consider Thendoc's request seconded. ;)

They didn't make an english The Quick and the Dead. There's a french one flying around, but nothing official. The developers didn't see a reason to make an official one since all the stuff got distributed to other books in the line.

So here's what I found.

Basically the Lexicanum as usual is a heap of lies and heresy.

There isn't a pdf called "The Guide to the Calixis Sector:

That's what Black Industries called the sector page they had on their site with all the fan created information on it before FFG got the license.

When that got taken over FFG didn't copy all the information (likely rites issues) just the planet list.

Some fans got together and copied all the relevant planet information (stuff about government and inquisition stuff made it word for word into the core rulebook) and made "The Calixis Sector Encyclopedia"

That's only missing the information on Tranch, which I found using the wayback machine for www.blackindustries.com

tl;dr don't trust sources from Lexicanum. Ross Watson knows what he's talking about, and rpggeek has a really good summary of Dark Heresy 1st edition on it apparently.

No wonder we couldn't find it. Yeah I've seen the French quick and the dead. But you'd think somebody would scan the actual book at some point. It probbably wont get done, because as you said, it's just stuff that's in other books aswell.

I found an english scan of the quik and the dead! Just goes to show, everything is out there. If you are patient, eventually you'll find what you are looking for.

Edited by Robin Graves