Black Industries' Guide to the Calixis Sector - Anyone got it?

By ThenDoctor, in Dark Heresy

I see it gets brought up on occasion but I figured I'd ask one last time before this forum goes to the archives.

Anyone got a link or the actual pdf BL made?

Not the Encyclopedia Calixis or the Calixis Sector Encyclopedia, the original pdf.

I'm sure that I had it, but can't find it. It can be on the one of currently unused hdds... I have a lot...

I'm sure that I had it, but can't find it. It can be on the one of currently unused hdds... I have a lot...

Even Slaneesh thinks that kind of teasing is cruel.

Mind trying to look for it possibly?

So here's what I found.

Basically the Lexicanum as usual is a heap of lies and heresy.

There isn't a pdf called "The Guide to the Calixis Sector:

That's what Black Industries called the sector page they had on their site with all the fan created information on it before FFG got the license.

When that got taken over FFG didn't copy all the information (likely rites issues) just the planet list.

Some fans got together and copied all the relevant planet information (stuff about government and inquisition stuff made it word for word into the core rulebook) and made "The Calixis Sector Encyclopedia"

That's only missing the information on Tranch, which I found using the wayback machine for www.blackindustries.com

tl;dr don't trust sources from Lexicanum. Ross Watson knows what he's talking about, and rpggeek has a really good summary of Dark Heresy 1st edition on it apparently.

Found it! On the drive unused since 2012... It looks like it's the thing you're talking about - fan-made compendium, but I haven't time to check it completely.

If you're still interested in it - there is the link .

Some fans got together and copied all the relevant planet information (stuff about government and inquisition stuff made it word for word into the core rulebook) and made "The Calixis Sector Encyclopedia"

He already has that one Jargal, that one isn't what ThenDoctor was looking for

As I understand last ThenDoctor 's post, what he was looking for (BI pdf) doesn't exist at all - I gave the link for the file that I found just to be clear about what I have mentioned.

It actually is I just didn't know it at the time.

Black Library never released their own version of that information. "The Guide to the Calixis Sector" is just what they called the page on their website with all that information on it.

When FFG took over the line they didn't take all the planetary information, so fans got together and made their own pdf of it and released it as The Calixis Sector Encyclopedia.

I was unaware of this, and the Lexicanum misattributed the sourcing of it leading to further confusion.

Found it! On the drive unused since 2012... It looks like it's the thing you're talking about - fan-made compendium, but I haven't time to check it completely.

If you're still interested in it - there is the link .

Yeah I found it.

That's actually incomplete too. It's missing the entry on Tranch, you can find the BI site with the wayback machine for the internet archives and look for it there.

As I understand last ThenDoctor's post, what he was looking for (BI pdf) doesn't exist at all - I gave the link for the file that I found just to be clear about what I have mentioned.

You are correct.

This is actually the first time I've seen this and I'm very happy about it!

It's useful. Since I completed my collection I've been going through the Dark Heresy line and getting all the sector information into one place. Or, at least trying to.

16 hours ago, ThenDoctor said:

Since I completed my collection I've been going through the Dark Heresy line and getting all the sector information into one place. Or, at least trying to.

This might be helpful to you in that regard:

ENCYCLOPAEDIA CALIXIA

Useful, but not complete, and since I'm reading through each book anyways the page references aren't too relevant.

Thanks though.

1 hour ago, ThenDoctor said:

Useful, but not complete

It doesn't include OW materials, and short/minor references wasn't included in the top post from the comments, but otherwise I can't remember any serious omission

I'm getting very, very minute about the stuff I'm taking. There's references about this across all the lines, save as far as I've seen Black Crusade and Dark Heresy Second Edition. And there are very minor things getting thrown in as well.

No "serious" omission, but still not complete, and not too useful because I'm reading through them all anyways.