Good ideas for Ascension?

By Alank2, in Black Crusade

I always envisioned Ascension as some great act, like defiling an Imperial holy fortress world and nailing the Imperial Saint to the burning eagle on top of corrupted Emperor Class Titan, standing in the middle of their ruined temple, instead of just getting to the point of 100 Infamy.

The idea that reaching 100 Infamy in itself is something worth Ascension always seem a little weird for me, that's why I require my players to do something epic to make Chaos notice them for this tiniest time and grant them Ascension to immortality and beyond.

My last group of players fought a great battle against awakening Necron Tomb World on the edge of Warp Storm, knowing that awakening of such great power would bring certain ruin for the Screaming Vortex, so they did their best. They lost all their soldiers, most of their fleet nad their epic gear, one of players had to solo Monolith (and he actually won thanks to his maximum power mutated monstrosity Khornite with an enormously powerful, basically legendary axe), and in the end they sacrificed themselves to blow up the Tomb World. It was an epic, hours long battle with support from other powerful NPC's, and Chaos recognized their strength and power, granting them Ascension.

However, now my second group of players comes close to getting 100 Infamy and they're asking - what can we do?

One of players has an idea of making possessed chess - lesser Deamons as pawns, Heralds as everything else and two Greater Deamons in two most important figures. Of course, he would craft them from finest materials and it would be a long, epic goal. That sounds right.

What other ideas do you have?

For Slaaneshi players: Leading an army into the heart of a craftworld, slaying all Eldar that resist, summoning a Greater Daemon to defeat the Avatar of Khaine, and sacrificing all Eldar within to Slaanesh (by killing them without their spirit stones, possibly with torture first). If they want the help of the party, here is the sales pitch: once they have control of the Craftworld, the resident Tzeentchian can rip open the Webway, right at the beginning of the portal. Then, you basically have a large, permanent, and stable Warp Gate within a ridiculously powerful ship. As long as the ship can still use the Webway (and the players have one of those human-null-skin books, or some other way to navigate it), or if it can use Warp Travel normally, ta-da! Raiding ship- instant Daemon army wherever you want. If one of the players wants to lead a Black Crusade for Ascension, this is the ultimate prize.

Using rogue trader rules, I don't know how much space the ship would have. It is designed to be a world, however; it should be very well defended. And since it's the Eldar, who love retreating when their goal is achieved, it should also be fast.

Edited by boo600
On 13/03/2017 at 11:19 AM, boo600 said:

For Slaaneshi players: Leading an army into the heart of a craftworld, slaying all Eldar that resist, summoning a Greater Daemon to defeat the Avatar of Khaine, and sacrificing all Eldar within to Slaanesh (by killing them without their spirit stones, possibly with torture first). If they want the help of the party, here is the sales pitch: once they have control of the Craftworld, the resident Tzeentchian can rip open the Webway, right at the beginning of the portal. Then, you basically have a large, permanent, and stable Warp Gate within a ridiculously powerful ship. As long as the ship can still use the Webway (and the players have one of those human-null-skin books, or some other way to navigate it), or if it can use Warp Travel normally, ta-da! Raiding ship- instant Daemon army wherever you want. If one of the players wants to lead a Black Crusade for Ascension, this is the ultimate prize.

Using role trafer rules, I don't know how much space the ship would have. It is designed to be a world, however; it should be very well defended. And since it's the Eldar, who love retreating when their goal is achieved, it should also be fast.

Stealthy as well; It doesn't need to be as quick if no one can find it to begin with.