Statistics / submit your plays

By MaelstromUK, in Mansions of Madness

Submit your sessions using the form to contribute to the overall statistics for the game smile.gif

Submit a play
View statistics

Thanks to all those that have already submitted their plays from the thread on BGG. Please post any suggestions, issues or thoughts here and I'll try to keep this maintained.

(Thanks to Tibs for his Eldritch Horror and other such versions)

This has been updated for 'Beyond the Threshold' now, so I look forward to seeing some results roll in =]

Maybe this could be pinned, like it's predecessors?

I'm gonna ask if they can pin this one :)

To the OP: could you possibly add a field where to state which map was used for which scenario?

That's great, thanks for the pinning! (:

I'm not sure I'd be able to add a field to select which map arrangement was used without spoiling all the possible layouts. (Also I'm not sure what all the different combinations are, and it would add quite a lot of maintenance work if any new variants are released with expansions). Sorry about that.

One would hope that all the different layouts were evenly balanced? Out of interest, has anyone experienced otherwise?

Not so sure about what you mean with different layouts being evenly balanced. Overall difficulty? Economy of actions? Difficulty of checks? I'm pretty sure I tested at least once every existing map for the game, so, in my opinion they are not that different; but having data from a larger base would be nice

(can't help on how to program this sheet, tho, sorry! but I'm happy they pinned it)

I think the question is if there was a practical way to uniquely identify a given scenario layout without a lengthy description of that whole scenario (e.g. "scenario 10, layout 17 - shotgun in office, secret door to library in bathroom, cat is the killer, set clock to 5:45 to open dimensional gate, password spells 'O R T H U L H U'").

Some layouts can be identified by the starting tile, but I don't know if this is and will be true for all scenarios and if I could correctly identify the starting tile if I want to enter last Saturday's game during some lunch break.

Thanks for the ongoing submissions everyone, looking forward to seeing how the new scenarios stack up against the original ones - particularly around the difficulty for lower player counts. Personally I have lost 3/3 of the Beyond the Threshold games I've played so far :P Go team!

Im surprised that Yorick is the most popular investigator,i know he is in the base game but i dont know,i think Rita is way better,the only throwback is her low sanity. Yorick,Amanda and Bob are the weakest in my opinion.

Also,i didnt expect that Monterey and the buttler would be some of the least picked,those two are in my top 5 investigators :P

PD: Is this the right thread to talk about this topic?

I like Yorick because he's a reasonable 'all rounder' with good core stats [= Also when dealing with the mythos, having a gravedigger on hand generally seems like a good idea. Bob's ability is more useful in certain scenarios, which is kinda borne out by the stats (though the data is a bit lacking to be significant).

Just checking, had this been updated for the new DLC, Dark Reflections?

9 minutes ago, kyozu said:

Just checking, had this been updated for the new DLC, Dark Reflections?

<clicks the link that leads to the form>
Yes, it has been updated.

I have 3 Streets of Arkham plays to report! If I don't forget the info. :B

Same, got 2 streets of arkham and 1 other using SoA characters to report! :P might forget it along the way though.

Sorry for the delay, had to wait for my FLGS to unpack their deliveries ;) Form has been updated now!

Interesting stats! Thanks for setting this up, MaelstromUK!

One question: why is Father Mateo is missing from the lefthand column in the "Investigator pairing," "Investigator team size" and "Investigators by scenario" worksheets?

Is a victory a victory even if it isn't the best victory?

7 hours ago, Soakman said:

Is a victory a victory even if it isn't the best victory?

Do you know that one rather imperfect possible victory for Dark Reflections? [It's still a victory, but if I were playing a Pen & Paper game, I'd say that ending would be a cliffhanger to be continued on the next session. ;) ]

Edited by Lorinor
On 1/8/2018 at 5:24 AM, Lorinor said:

Do you know that one rather imperfect possible victory for Dark Reflections? [It's still a victory, but if I were playing a Pen & Paper game, I'd say that ending would be a cliffhanger to be continued on the next session. ;) ]

I know OF it, but I never got it. I'm talking about a certain ending for Gangs of Arkham.

Sorry for the slow responses!

@TwiceBornh: Father Mateo was lost in time and space. He's reappeared now. Thanks for spotting that.

@Soakman / @Lorinor: In short, 'yes'. A victory is a victory, even if it isn't the best victory. I think it would be overly tricky to try and keep track of the different possible outcomes for the different scenarios (at least, given the amount of time I'm prepared to commit ;]). Admittedly that does make the results a bit squiffy for scenarios like Dark Reflections; but I prefer the simplicity.

Thanks all!

Just wanted to "file a report", but then I realized that
I can't really submit this play right now.

I'm kind of missing another bullet point under "Result",
something like "special outcome".

Because, as strange as this sounds, we didn't lose our last
game, but we didn't win either.

On 5/7/2018 at 8:10 AM, Lorinor said:

Just wanted to "file a report", but then I realized that
I can't really submit this play right now.

I'm kind of missing another bullet point under "Result",
something like "special outcome".

Because, as strange as this sounds, we didn't lose our last
game, but we didn't win either.

Can you expand on this? I think the outcomes should cover everything. Either the 'investigation was complete' (even if it wasn't the best possible outcome) or the investigators were eliminated, or the 'investigation was not complete'. I wasn't aware of any other possible outcomes; let me know the situation you came across (maybe in a PM if it's full of spoilers) and we can see [=

8 hours ago, MaelstromUK said:

Can you expand on this? I think the outcomes should cover everything. Either the 'investigation was complete' (even if it wasn't the best possible outcome) or the investigators were eliminated, or the 'investigation was not complete'. I wasn't aware of any other possible outcomes; let me know the situation you came across (maybe in a PM if it's full of spoilers) and we can see [=

Done. - Eager to hear what you think about this. ?

Just a quick note to say thank you for setting this up. It's really cool and I'm sure will prove valuable. I will try to remember to add to it after the next game(s) I play! ?

On 7/24/2018 at 8:15 PM, impulsivitea said:

Just a quick note to say thank you for setting this up. It's really cool and I'm sure will prove valuable. I will try to remember to add to it after the next game(s) I play! ?

No worries, glad people are still using it [=