Relocating characters

By jadekira, in Middle-earth Quest

There are several ways the ancillary characters can get moved around such as by event cards and by encounter card quests. In my game I have already placed Aragorn in Weathertop by the initial event card. But since then two encounter card quests have advised me to relocate Aragorn. Do I do it? In the rules it says for the event card section that if a character is already on the board you do not move it if another event says relocate it, it stays in the original location. But there is nothing in the rules about relocating characters by encounter card quests. Do you relocate a character already on the board if asked to be an encounter card or does he always stay where he was first placed on the board until removed by a players adventurer?

My view is he should always stay in his original location until a character gets to him, rather than have him move around the board but what do others think?

Nats said:

My view is he should always stay in his original location until a character gets to him, rather than have him move around the board but what do others think?

This is how we play as well.

Some cards tell you to "move/place" the character. In this case he is moved to the new location even if already present on the board.

If the card only calls you to "place" the character, then you only do so if he is not currently on the board. If he's already on the board he stays where he is.