Gangs of Commorragh!

By Adeptus-B, in Deathwatch

So this is a dark el;dar version of necromunda. Are the DE still in the wargame? I heard they'd been dropped due to low sales, but maybe GW nerfed every other army in the universe and superbuffed them to force sales back up.

Are the DE still in the wargame? I heard they'd been dropped due to low sales

As far as I know. If sales on Ogre Kingdoms stuff wasn't low enough for GW to drop them from Age of Sigmar, I can't imagine them dropping (much more popular) DEs from 40K.

Dark Eldar got a new range of models durrig 5th edition, and have a 7E codex (or a 6E one at least). But . . . Yeah they're pretty weak. But still part of the game!

And still no squats.....

And still no squats.....

Thank the Emperor!

And still no squats.....

Well we got harlequins and genestealer cults back. Maybe there's hope?

We even have a new SOB codex! and a new St. Celestine model!

Edited by Robin Graves

GoG-header.jpg

The one problem I have with this is the box art: If there's one color you most definatly don't associate with the dark eldar, then it's gotta be yellow !

Okay I get that they go for a vibrant cover (blue/red/yellow) but No! I keep seeing that and I keep thinking Iyaden craftworld or maybe Tau.

On a more positive note: I'm curious to see if it will feature a racing game element.

Edited by Robin Graves

ou know a lot of the DE are riped off, er, based on the Cenobites from Hellraiser.

In the hellraiser novels and comics, a group of cenobites lead by one is called, and I do mean this, a "gash".

So the cenobites in hellraiser were pinhead's gash.

Maybe we couyld call de gangs something besides gangs, which seems such a crude term i doubt eldar would deign use it.

Maybe a "slash" for what they nlike to do to enemies, or a shard,

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Oh lord it's worse than I expected! I read "cardboard terrain" in a preview, so I was, "'k that's dissapointing but, hey let's pretend it's a nod to Necromunda."

But those dopey lil' pillars? Dafuq? That's not terrain ! If you put a DE model behind one you can probably still see it, and the DE aren't exactly know for being big and bulky.

Bah even Pirates of the Spanish Main had better terrain...

Or maybe Commoragh actually is made out of cardboard...

S anyone wanting to bet on what the inevitable expansion set will feature?

Maybe someothing about gangs of escaped slaves who have formed underground communities and are fighting the DE in commoragh? Possibly descendants of human who are living undergogund and raid the DE to survive?

The 5th Edition (I think) DE Codex established that there are a number of other races living in Commoragh (the Sslyth being the only ones to receive any detail). So expansions should theoretically be wide open, but given that the boxed set of the basic game only uses pre-existing figures, I doubt very much that GW will produce anything new for this game.

Given there was a special character in GorkaMorka who piloted a DethKopta, Ork DethKopta mobs would be one possibility...

S anyone wanting to bet on what the inevitable expansion set will feature?

Maybe someothing about gangs of escaped slaves who have formed underground communities and are fighting the DE in commoragh? Possibly descendants of human who are living undergogund and raid the DE to survive?

I dunno prof, I think GW makes these new boardgames* as a way to introduce players to the race/faction: play the game, get the models sheeper and use them in the actuall 40k game.

Then again White dwarf features several articles with new rules that let you add aditional models to your boardgames (daemons in assasination force, terminators in lost patrol, etc.) So you might get your wish.

* Except Blood Bowl, for Obvious reasons.

Now I'm thinking we might see some of the following get rules for GoC: Scourges, Vyper, Harlequins.

Yeah, I know that it's unlikely that this game will be as well done as necromunda was, but still it has possibilities. As to other races living in comorragh, i can only guess it it's all possible orks will be there as they seem to live everywhere life is even vaguely possible. This could make for some odd rules as some of the lager orks could probably kill a dark eldar simply by farting at one.

The idea of a game specializing in ork vs eldar is interesting, pitting the sophistication and elegance of the eldar against the sheer brute force and improvisation of the orks. Also as I recall the orks and eldar were both created by the slann, so this would be the ultimate 'family feud".