CC round 1 - butt kicked by Sato - help me rebuild!

By AndrewTheDOP, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

We played our first round of campaign last night- I normally play Rebels, but for balancing out the teams I went Imperial. Im so not used to building Imp teams and flying imperial ships, a squad heavy Sato build got me pretty good last night. I was not aware of the hyperspace escapes, so I unfortunately took a lot of damage.

List:

Tarkin

ISD2 +H9 turbolasers

VSD2 + Gunnery Team

ACC + Medical Team

Boba Fett

Defenders x2

Interceptors x2

only the Arquetins survived. After repair/refit, I repaired the ISD2, Boba, and the 2 defenders, leaving the VSD and interceptors scarred. that gives me 11 more points to play with. Not too interested in keeping the interceptors, I might just let them die.

How can I salvage this?

You're opponent owes you a beer for not telling you about hyperspace retreats. Did he also not tell you that the refit cost of a ship doesn't include upgrades?

My only advice would be to move the Gunnery Teams to the ISD as they would be lost if the VSD get's destroyed.

[NOTE: I think I posted this reply already but It seems to have disappeared]

You're opponent owes you a beer for not telling you about hyperspace retreats. Did he also not tell you that the refit cost of a ship doesn't include upgrades?

My only advice would be to move the Gunnery Teams to the ISD as they would be lost if the VSD get's destroyed.

[NOTE: I think I posted this reply already but It seems to have disappeared]

I did pour myself a drink after getting home from that game.

Moving Gunnery Team was the first thing I thought of. I'm also tempted to not un-scar my ISD and spend the points in more defensive options- but Im thinking thats not such a great idea.

Definitely repair the ISD.

[Edit added: If you think your fleet was fine, and that you could beat your opponent in a rematch where he is a little bit stronger, then you can just repair your fleet, upgrade a bit and go. The answer I give below assumes that you felt that your fleet was inadequate to compete with your opponent's fleet, and you feel you need to make some significant changes.]

For myself, I'd roll the dice a bit. Only unscar Boba since he's unique and the Defenders because they're comparatively cheap. Upgrade your fleet as much as you can. Either buy a bunch of fighters to counter the Sato build, or get another ship. Get a bunch of upgrades that will help you. 71 points can give your fleet some real umph.

Then you'll need to fly very carefully next game. Which means you'll have to ask your team to let you face the most favorable match-up in the next round. Preserve your ships even if it means you lose the battle.

Yes, this is risky, but if you get behind the power curve you probably won't catch up.

Good luck!

Edited by RobertK

What was he flying?