force ranged weapons

By Ciurra, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hi everyone!

I was thinking about the grey knight's weapon which if I dont Remember badly is called psisilencer ,would that be rappresented correctly by the Force quality . Would It Be against the rules to have other ranged weapons be Force weapons?

Edited by Ciurra

I think psybolts (psychic bolter ammo) are present in Enemies Beyond but, if they're not, I remember psybolts from DH1 granted additional damage equal to the wielder's psy rating. I can't remember if there was extra pen as well. So yeah, basically it's the Force quality without the special psychic strike that occurs afterwards. I wouldn't have the weapon itself have the Force quality but specific ammunition could certainly grant a similar effect.

http://imgur.com/a/za40c

From Enemies Beyond.

You don't want them having the Force Quality, as it can deal ridiculous amounts of damage. What this Psycannon has though is great.

As above, there's also Psybolts and Psyflame which can be used as special ammunition.

Edited by TheWorldSmith

Thank you guys!

I dont own enemies beyond so those information were not available to me.

But i was thinking in the fifth Ed, if i'm not wrong, grey knight codex there is a weapon that has no ammunition because it fires mental energy of the knight so maybe this weapon could be a Force one .

Also weapon qualities can be used with any kind of weapon i WANT to make or there are specific guidelines like for modifications?

Edited by Ciurra

Okay I'm now certain, those weapons are called psilencers.

Force weapons work by the wielder channeling psychic energy through the inlaid circuitry.

Since a psilencer shoots bolts of psychic energy, there is nothing within the projectile for the circuits to be physically present in, so that won't work.

For ranged weapons, the only options are psybolt/psyflame ammo, although it could be possible to have the force circuits added to some form of throwing weapon; it then comes down to whether you only allow the additional energy to be channeled when the weapon is held or not.