Best Nemesis Villains?

By Deadwolf, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Thank both for your replies,

18 minutes ago, player678037 said:

Considering you have to show the villain to use your basic class card, they won't remain hidden information for long.

I considered that, but as long as you can only take 1 villain to your hand on first missions, I hope to keep at least one villain secret until fight time despite of Clawdites (hunter) and riot troopers (brawler) are 2 traits shared with Maul & Inq.

1 hour ago, Mr Licorice said:

I have played Nemeses with Inquisitor and Maul. They are fun to play, and Maul is a real terror in the early game. But if you are facing strong damage dealers like Shyla, Vinto or Mak, they will die quickly. These are melee villains that have to be in the front lines. They are easy targets. What heroes are you facing?

Rebel squad is not fully chosen yet, but I expect some kind of Fenn+Diala team along with 2 more heroes such us Gaarkhan, Drokkatta, or even MDH-19. Those are all powerful heroes, with exceptional splash damage, so that I'll try to bring few elite figures to minimize explosion and cleave. Otherwise my group is not very interested on competitiveness but on have a fun time, so that's not worries me.

1 hour ago, Mr Licorice said:

Agenda decks: anything that gives threat is good! Giving survival to your villains is also good, there is a set that lets you roll two red dice to heal damage, and another set that lets you block 3 damage, those are good. There is a also a card (don't remember which set) that gives a discount when deploying hunters? Quite good with the Inquisitor, and there are a lot of nasty hunter units now.

I'll take an eye on that agendas!

With your choice of Villains, have you considered for your open groups:

- Nexu. Brawler that gets +1 evade AND +1 block when you use inspiring on it. It gets funnier when you also deploy elite Loth cats that bring evade tokens to their mommy.

- Elite Weeqway pirates: always a strong choice, but these hunters greatly benefit from prepare the ambush : they can hide, attack and reposition! They were my heavy hitters when bringing the Inquisitor. Especially with ringleader attached on him.

- Royal guards: these Brawlers strongly benefit from inspiring to gain +1 surge, guaranteeing the stun.

Edited by Mr Licorice
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, Mr Licorice said:

With your choice of Villains, have you considered for your open groups:

- Nexu. Brawler that gets +1 dodge AND +1 armor when you use inspiring on it. It gets funnier when you also deploy elite Loth cats that bring dodge tokens to their mommy.

- Elite Weeqway pirates: always a strong choice, but these hunters greatly benefit from prepare the ambush : they can hide, attack and reposition! They were my heavy hitters when bringing the Inquisitor. Especially with ringleader attached on him.

- Royal guards: these Brawlers strongly benefit from inspiring to gain +1 surge, guaranteeing the stun.

Interesting choices! I will have to try these. By "armor", you mean "block", correct? IIRC, there are no "dodge" tokens. Do you mean "evade" which cancels "surge"? (And gives Nexu and extra "block".)

51 minutes ago, bill_andel said:

Interesting choices! I will have to try these. By "armor", you mean "block", correct? IIRC, there are no "dodge" tokens. Do you mean "evade" which cancels "surge"? (And gives Nexu and extra "block".)

Fixed!

I play the game in another language, so translating back to English has its quirks :)

Edited by Mr Licorice
2 hours ago, Mr Licorice said:

Fixed!

I play the game in another language, so translating back to English has its quirks :)

No worries. It's not the most regular of languages. Wish the forums would just add the in-game symbols to available emoticons.