Battlelore 1st edition Hero extension

By orteil, in BattleLore

Hi,

I have not saw a forum for Battlelore 1st edition. If there is one, I would be happy to have a link to it.

I am wondering why I would choose any other class than a warrior as a Champion (Hero extension of Battlelore) since it starts with a better attack than every other classes (2d) and more life points (5). My guess would have been about movement, but it seems that when on foot, any class can move up to 2 tiles and fight and when mounted up to 4 tiles and fight. In my view, warriors should move like a red banner (1 tile) while commanders and rogues like blue banners (1 tile and fight or 2 tiles) and clercs and wizards like green banners (2 tiles and fight), otherwise except from the fact you need to choose a corresponding lore master, I see no point in choosing anything else than warrior if the movement is the same for every class.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help

So I never bought that expansion in 1st edition for exactly that reason. It didn't seem super balanced and a lot of people didn't like it a ton. But yes, their movement is all the same and warrior is, generally speaking, overpowered from what I have read. Again though, I never played it so my opinion may not be worth much on that.