By Wraithsfall, in Talisman

Have just been given talisman 4th edition as a present and am looking to expand. Where do you guys buy your expansions from?. Have noticed some are rare and £100+. Any ideas on what expansions to get will be welcomed.

Hi mate

Sadly you are a little late to get expansions at normal prices. I would recommend all corners for starters! Now that would cost you alot on its own :(

Hi there and welcome.

Is it a revised Fantasy Flight 4th edition or is it the older Black Industries 4th edition set that you have recieved?

I'm afaid Jackyboy is right. Fantasy Flight are no longer making Talisman as Games workshop has taken back the copyright. This has led to the still new remaining sets going up in value.

However don't let this stop you. There are plenty of sets out there on e-bay and it is a fantastic game.

Have you been on Jon News Talisman Island? Its a smashing site with all sorts of interesting articles and ideas about all things Talisman.

http://www.talismanisland.com/

I've been playing since 1st edition in 1983 and still love it.

:)

My favorite online game stores include:

miniaturemarket

coolstuffinc

cardhaus

And yes Ebay is a great place to get expansions and games, half of my Talisman set came from there. Other places to check would be BGG, Craigslist, and Facebook Board game trading groups.

Cheers fellas, I'll take a look