Rainy Days in Stromdorf >> A look at the Setting for The Gathering Storm

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

As The Gathering Storm campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay draws ever closer, I wanted to share more information about a key part of the adventure’s campaign setting, the town of Stromdorf. The Gathering Storm includes more than a dozen pages of details about this town, from its humble roots to its rules and regulations, from its interesting environs to many of its quirky, unusual inhabitants.

The rain-drenched town of Stromdorf can serve as a convenient “story hub” for the events that transpire throughout The Gathering Storm, but the details and information can easily be used by a GM to help bring any town, village, or community in the Empire to life. Writers Dave Allen, Steve Darlington, Dylan Owen, Clive Oldfield, and Gary McBride helped create a fascinating story set in an interesting place that is unique and yet at the same time thoroughly Warhammer.

So stop by and read the latest designer diary preview .

The atmosphere just oozes out from those images and text. If it maintains that quality this could be one of the classic WHFRP locations. I mean there is so much game fodder in a town where you are constantly driven into the smokey warmth of houses from the downpour outside. The low visibility, the constant moist odor of decay and corruption, there is so much fodder for paranoia and dread there. I'm really energised at the though of being able to run this campaign.

Great article. I can't wait for this to come out.

Also: "von Jungfreud" Ha ha ha

Very interested to see how this turns out =)

**** You Ynnen, I might have to get this adventure just for the setting.

And that would break my no 3E rule! Maybe it will be available as a PDF.

This looks great! Everything I've seen has made me excited to see the final product. I'm loving the art direction of this entire set; everything's just so beautiful!

Yes I'm keen to see more about it as well. It was lots of fun to work on and seeing the image of the town in particular is thrilling. That picture really sums the place up, I'm afraid to say.

Rest assured your poor characters are going to have a thoroughly miserable time in the place.

The supplement looks very interesting. Can't wait to see it, the fluff in it lokks really promising. I think it can be used nad only for Stromdorf but for many other towns in the Empire.

I got just 3 questions:

1. Will there be some tokens, stance pieces and one side maps (not printed inside the books) and that kind of stuff in the expansion?

2. Will the expansion future some new careers, new spells and new blessings?

3. When it will be avaliable?

I do hope it includes some new careers and more stand-ups. However, I would prefer it if there are no more magic users or cult priests as I would prefer those to be handled in one or two dedicated suppliments. It would really suck to a get a different college and/or cult with each supplement as opposed to having the remainder addressed in a realms of sorcery or tome of faith style box set.

According to the product information:

The Gathering Storm campaign boxed set includes one full colour Campaign Book, more than 20 new Standard American (2 1/4" x 3 1/2") size cards (including actions, locations, and items), more than 20 new Mini American (1 5/8" x 2 1/2") size cards (including miscasts, wounds, talents, and insanities), six full colour maps & player handouts, more than 20 new NPC and enemy standups… and much more.

So Yeah more than 20 new NPC and enemy standups , me so happy.

sincerly the norwegian dude

Mal Reynolds - You said it! Boook, cards, maps, new NPC, new enemies and more! Yes , now I can't wait too buy it!

Now I don't know how You are doing it Yennen but every preview of what comming up in WFRP 3ed me my heart beat faster.

FFG Youre doing a hell of a job with the WFRP 3ed, keep up the good work! I love this game!

It will have to be good!

This is the first campaign set and it will set the bar for what follows. The artwork looks great ... I really hope this one delivers