Beginner with some Questions

By SWORDSAPLENTY, in UFS Rules Q & A

My Character is Mitsurugi.( All Fire Life R: After you play an ability that changes the zone of an attack, that attack gets +2 speed. R Commit: After you give an attack a speed bonus, draw X cards at the end of your turn. X equals the speed bonus. ) If I change the zone of an attack more than once will this response activate to each trigger? Also I had another question about something else. Inhuman Speed ( Fire Halo Water R: After your attack gets a speed bonus, change its zone to any other zone. ) Since these effects dont require you to commit them can you use these effects over again for each trigger? Im going to List some other cards in my Deck to let people see what im getting at.

Homicidal Karate ( Fire Life Water E Commit: Change the zone of this attack to mid. This attack gets +2 speed. Only Playable if this attacks zone is high or low.)

Needs a Challenge ( All Fire Life E Commit: Your opponent reveals their hand. Change the zone of your attack to any other zone.)

The Strength Within ( All Fire Life E Commit: Your attack gets +2 speed. Fire E Commit: Your attack gets +2 damage.)

Defeated the Rifle ( All Fire Life E Commit: If your attack deals damage, destroy 1 asset. Fire E Commit: Your attack gets +2 damage and +1 speed.)

Looking for a Thrill ( All Fire Life R Commit: After your attack gets a speed bonus, It gets +3 damage. R Commit: After your attack gets a damage bonus, it gets +3 speed.)

These are all foundations BTW. I would like someone to answer my question to make sure im not over stepping what I can do. However from what I know about the game this should work. If im right its an infinite combo or at least a whole lot of speed. Thanks alot everyone. :-)

SWORDSAPLENTY said:

My Character is Mitsurugi.( All Fire Life R: After you play an ability that changes the zone of an attack, that attack gets +2 speed. R Commit: After you give an attack a speed bonus, draw X cards at the end of your turn. X equals the speed bonus. ) If I change the zone of an attack more than once will this response activate to each trigger? Also I had another question about something else. Inhuman Speed ( Fire Halo Water R: After your attack gets a speed bonus, change its zone to any other zone. ) Since these effects dont require you to commit them can you use these effects over again for each trigger? Im going to List some other cards in my Deck to let people see what im getting at.

His second R: will only respond to one speed bonus applied, not more than one. Notice that it specificially responds to one instance of giving a speed bonus and Commits 'Rugi as a cost, preventing multiple uses.

Yes, Inhuman Speed creates an infinite loop with his first R: that lets you raise your attack to any arbitrarily large Speed value. The way you should declare it is start the loop with another ability, respond with each one once, then say how many times you're re-responding with each to get a final Speed value and Zone. "E: with Homicidal Karate. R: with Rugi, R: with Inhuman Speed, R with each 50 more times for +100 speed, leaving it High-zone. Homicidal Karate resolves, making it Mid for another +2 speed."

SWORDSAPLENTY said:

Homicidal Karate ( Fire Life Water E Commit: Change the zone of this attack to mid. This attack gets +2 speed. Only Playable if this attacks zone is high or low.)

Needs a Challenge ( All Fire Life E Commit: Your opponent reveals their hand. Change the zone of your attack to any other zone.)

The Strength Within ( All Fire Life E Commit: Your attack gets +2 speed. Fire E Commit: Your attack gets +2 damage.)

Defeated the Rifle ( All Fire Life E Commit: If your attack deals damage, destroy 1 asset. Fire E Commit: Your attack gets +2 damage and +1 speed.)

Looking for a Thrill ( All Fire Life R Commit: After your attack gets a speed bonus, It gets +3 damage. R Commit: After your attack gets a damage bonus, it gets +3 speed.)

These are all foundations BTW. I would like someone to answer my question to make sure im not over stepping what I can do. However from what I know about the game this should work. If im right its an infinite combo or at least a whole lot of speed. Thanks alot everyone. :-)

Yup, it works, and yup, Mitsurugi4 is really good in Legacy now with that combo.

also: This forum is dying. Head on over to http://forum.ufscentral.com/index.php :)