Any possibility of another company picking up Conquest?

By Papa Midnight, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

Title says it all....

Ask Games Workshop.

And even then, probably not.

The source material IP may be a Games Workshop property, but the rule book, game mechanics, card design, and text of all existing cards are FFG copyright. It gets legally complicated to continue the game with a new company without paying the original company royalties (unless significant changes are made).

Of course, we don't know if GW picked up the rights to the FFG copyright aspects of the games when the license ended, but based on the rumors around how the GW/FFG relationship fell apart, I'd guess it's more likely GW will create a new WH40K-themed card game than continue Conquest in anything resembling its current form.

Of course, we don't know if GW picked up the rights to the FFG copyright aspects of the games when the license ended, but based on the rumors around how the GW/FFG relationship fell apart, I'd guess it's more likely GW will create a new WH40K-themed card game than continue Conquest in anything resembling its current form.

And that is quite not what I was thinking GW might do. Oh well, we had a good run...