Suvfaeras

By eltom13, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Spoiler about Forgotten Gods and Enemies Beyond below

============================================

Dear fellow GMs,

I have a question concerning the Daemon Prince Suvfaeras: In Forgotten Gods it is stated, that it already plagued Thaur and Askellon millennia ago, before the arrival of humans in the sector. Now in Enemy Beyond (starting from page 127) it says that a Daemon Prince was once mortal and earned its daemonhood by "a lifetime of glorious terror". Does that mean, that Suvfaeras was once one of the xenos that lived on Thaur?

What's your opinion?

By the way, Suvfaeras also features in Enemy Beyond in the description of The Emperor's Song (page 96), interesting ...

From memory, Suvfaeras was also the daemonhost at the end of Dark Pursuits. It has a very strong connection to the Askellon Sector and I reckon it's highly likely that Suvfaeras was originally a xenos. It probably even has connections to the Pandaemonium although what that means is anyone's guess.

It's a shame that FFG won't be able to further flesh out the sector because there are a lot of juicy threads to further investigate. The Calixis Sector from DH1 felt like it was more focused on human-based heresy whereas Askellon has so much mystery and external manipulation from both xenos and the Warp. I certainly dig the idea of humans being under threat from outsiders far more than the internal machinations and hubris that was plaguing Calixis.

Thank you for the reply. I never played DH1, so I don't know much about Calixis but I enjoy Askellon (especially Desoleum) a lot. Further publications would have been nice, but I have the feeling there is already a lot to work with that should last for many nice role playing evenings to come.

From memory, Suvfaeras was also the daemonhost at the end of Dark Pursuits.

Yes, that's correct

Suvfaeras was bound using xenos runes and otherwise, so I find its very-likely that races previously-present in the sector could've had strong connections to The Warp, and the alien hand and black orb would support this me thinks. It's all open-ended to allow you some interpretation, but personally I like the idea that Suvfaeras is an ancient being.

After all... The Pandemonium is getting worse... And who's to say this extinction event hasn't been brought upon the sector previously? :D