Availability Conversion from DH, DH2ed, RT and (possibly) DW

By Purifier Genesius, in Only War Rules Questions

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea's or rules for converting availability of items from one 40K game too the others. I'm wondering if I can make some, more rare items, more available. I'm thinking of having a Ceres Bolt Carbine (Rogue Trader: Hostile Acquisition, pg. 50 for info, pg. 49 for stats, Availability: Very Rare) and/or the Perinetus-pattern “Solo” Mark II Boltgun (Rogue Trader: Into the Storm, pg. 112 for info, pg. 113 for stats, Availability: Very Rare), availability based on being in the uncharted Korunous Expanse, involved in a regiment I'm creating for Only War, based in the spinward front in the Calixis Sector. But the Koronus Expanse doesn't have things as available as in the Calixis Sector. And vise versa. So since conversions for item availability isn't shown, I'm wondering if anyone else has had thoughts on this and has made rules on the matter.

Edited by Purifier Genesius

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea's or rules for converting availability of items from one 40K game too the others. I'm wondering if I can make some, more rare items, more available. I'm thinking of having a Ceres Bolt Carbine (Rogue Trader: Hostile Acquisition, pg. 50 for info, pg. 49 for stats, Availability: Very Rare) and/or the Perinetus-pattern “Solo” Mark II Boltgun (Rogue Trader: Into the Storm, pg. 112 for info, pg. 113 for stats, Availability: Very Rare), availability based on being in the uncharted Korunous Expanse, involved in a regiment I'm creating for Only War, based in the spinward front in the Calixis Sector. But the Koronus Expanse doesn't have things as available as in the Calixis Sector. And vise versa. So since conversions for item availability isn't shown, I'm wondering if anyone else has had thoughts on this and has made rules on the matter.

Because the Expanse worlds are generally heathen and/or private, and Imperial toys aren't produced on those. With a few exceptions, such as Damaris.

Also, look at the producing worlds/systems themselves. Perinetus is located in Calixis Sector. Ceres is in Reef Stars - can't find where it is, but still in Segmentum Obscurus near the Gothic Sector (since that's where Naxos is, which also belongs to Reef Stars).

So the Availability usually is as written. In some cases may be ±1 step because there's difference in trying to get something via Navy vs. Guard vs. Forge world, etc. because some routes are more roundabout, and sometimes they almost certainly have a reserve (hence contacts reducing Availability grade).

Otside the Segmentum, well… Ryza toys could be more available in Ultima Segmentum, but not anymore, since Ryza got to deal with the tourists from Waaagh! Grax. Mars pattern equipment presumably mostly is not stuff really made on Mars, but close copies produced all over the place (e.g.: Mars p. Mark III short lasgun).