Weapons of Mars

By Ursur1minor, in Rogue Trader House Rules

After what feels like years of meaning to but never really getting around to it I finally sat myself down and ported the weapons in the Skitarii and Adeptus Mechanicus Codexes over for use in Rogue Trader and the other games using that system.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eWHngrlOZdbUVqQE_TIAKY5FgCb61CABjfefJOXobOk/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to use in any campaigns you desire.

I'd also really like it if someone could go through and tell me how they feel about balancing and the like, if any weapon needs a nerf, buff, or complete redesign, as well as any other comments.

I don't have any experience with TT Mechanicus, but your weapon's stats look underpowered in comparison to RT/DH1.

I don't have any experience with TT Mechanicus, but your weapon's stats look underpowered in comparison to RT/DH1.

Could I ask you for some specifics? how do you feel they compare to the already existing weapons that require buffing?

For example, your melee weapon: Very Rare - Unique, Dmg from 1d10 to 1d10+5 (one exception with 2d10+3), Pen 0-8, some nice special qualities, but nothing very powerful.

DH1, "The Lathe Worlds": Arc-Welder 1d10+5E Pen10, -20 to parry it; Percussion Mallet 1d10+2E Pen 5, double Str bonus; Omnissian Rode 1d10+10E Pen 7, a lot of extras.

RT, "Into the Storm", some "Mechanicus-friendly" weapons: Macro Hammer 1d10+7E Pen 10; Lathe-pattern Thunder Hammer 2d10+4E Pen 10.

So overall too low Damage for their availability compared to already existing options put simply?

Radium weapons should be Penetration 4. Arc Weapons should be Penetration 4 with damage per shot roughly on par with a Krak Grenade-2d10+5. Phosphor weapons should be Heavy Bolter Damage and Penetration 6, with Heavy Blaster being a 2d10+5 with Penetration 8. Transuranic Arquebus should be range 400m, Felling (4) and double Penetration against Targets of size (Enormous) or larger. Eradication Beamer-short range damage 5d10+15, medium range damage 3d10+10 and Blast (4), Long range damage 2d10+5 and Blast (8). Galvanic rifle-Penetration 6, clip size 18. Neutron Laser-damage 5d10+15, Blast (4), range 300m. Electro-static Gauntlet- ranged damage 1d10+8. Gamma Pistol-damage 2d10+5, double Penetration against size (Enormous) or larger. Torsion Cannon, damage 3d10+5, Felling (4), 2d10 Toughness damage or 100% increase in damage to vehicles. Volkite Blaster damage 2d10+5, Penetration 4. Arc Claw-damage 1d10+8, Penetration 4. Arc Maul, damage 1d10+10, Penetration 6. Transonic-Penetration 4, then Penetration 10 after 1 round, Tearing. Electrostatic gauntlet melee-damage 1d10+8. Electroleech stave, Penetration 6.

Edited by ViperMagnum357

Low Damage/Pen or lack of additional Specials for such rare items. Haywire addition to melee weapon is very thematic, but in the end is good only if you want to take the enemy alive.

P.S. Ooops, your Haywire is totally different from the RPG rules. In this case your Haywire weapon are a lot more powerful than I've realised.

P.S. Ooops, your Haywire is totally different from the RPG rules. In this case your Haywire weapon are a lot more powerful than I've realised.

When I was porting over the weapons directly from the Codex and making up equivelant rules to fit in the descriptions for the weapon qualities for the boardgame I forgot Haywire already was represented in Rogue Trader, and since what seems to happen in the boardgame is that Haywire makes a lot more damage on vehicles I translated that to my iteration, where Haywire grants a lot of extra damage against beings based on Electronics.

I should rename it to avoid confusion to something similar.

Anyway, I've given out buffs across the board now, tell me how you feel about these changes

Anyway, I've given out buffs across the board now, tell me how you feel about these changes

Checked only melee weapons - well, now they are the things that can send my Explorator to the quest for obtaining them.