Necron as BBEG

By vichn, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hello, people.

My session is tomorrow and since I've been told that taking ths Spyder with BC stats is not a good idea, I need a replacement for the numbers. Can anyone help me?

Or should I just roll with BC stats? He is going to be a final BBEG for 1-lvl Acolytes.

1sidequest11.png 1sidequest12.png

Edited by vichn

Not sure how helpful this will be considering you mentioned your session was going to be fairly soon but one option for a relatively low level Necron BBEG is a single Necron wraith. There is a wraith in Tome of Fate for BC that you can use but remove the force field and probably halve its weapon damage to make the fight even close to fair. Mind you, your players could get their hands on decent weaponry which could turn the tide in their favour.

If you ended up sticking with the canoptek spyder, I'd consider it an achievable fight if the party had more than just the single melta bomb and krak grenades that you mentioned. Toss in a mining laser (lascutter), some det charges, and maybe allow for krak grenades to be thrown as a bundle (house rule of mine but similar to how det charges work: +2 damage and penetration and increase the Blast quality by 1 per extra grenade). One other thing you could do is remove the spyder unnatural toughness of +6 and add that onto the armour. That means that any high AP weapons will become that much more useful.

Let us know how things went. It's going to be a rough fight regardless because mere humans are not meant to fight Necrons ever.

If you ended up sticking with the canoptek spyder, I'd consider it an achievable fight if the party had more than just the single melta bomb and krak grenades that you mentioned. Toss in a mining laser (lascutter), some det charges, and maybe allow for krak grenades to be thrown as a bundle (house rule of mine but similar to how det charges work: +2 damage and penetration and increase the Blast quality by 1 per extra grenade). One other thing you could do is remove the spyder unnatural toughness of +6 and add that onto the armour. That means that any high AP weapons will become that much more useful.

Hey, thanks for the answer.

We played yesterday and the thing is that the final fight went just as you said - our tech-priest managed to pile a melta and four excavation chargers together. He even managed to roll 07 when he tried to plant the bomb device on the back of the Spyder. They sweated and dodged his attacks for about 5-6 turns until one big boom happened. :) It almost killed our Arbiter with shrapnel.

But otherwise party seemed satisfied on the plot and I was tired. The next session they will start at the old dude's mansion. Couple of fights and quests for another 6-9 hours and we're done with the first mission.