Revisiting the Harbinger Omens deck

By talismanisland, in Talisman Home Brews

I tried some of the Runestones next, but the cards as they were really push the boundaries of the templates as they go over the "safe area" for printing.

You can see from the image below that they do actually print within tolerances, but being so close to the edge spoils the effect a bit. Without the extra border they would have looked fine.

I'm going to have them redone, but I've rejigged the templates again, this time using altered original template fronts.

runestone-print-small.jpg

The revised templates -

runestone-new-template.jpg

What the actual size of "mini american"?

How do those runestones work?

Same as the Runestones in Talisman: Digital Edition. They are equipped at the start like abilities.

All I have done is got rid of some unnecessary blurb on the cards and made them regular Magic Objects with the Trinket keyword. The Runestone keyword, just means that they cannot be taken etc...

What the actual size of "mini american"?

1.625" x 2.5"

The slightly smaller size is very annoying. I've used a number of sites to print cards down the years, but that specific size is on none of them!

I like the new template!

The slightly smaller size is very annoying. I've used a number of sites to print cards down the years, but that specific size is on none of them!

Try DriveThruCards. You have to set up the files in a pretty specific way, but the results seem good so far and next year they are introducing a linen finish.

The problem with DriveThru is the ungodly postage when I've looke dto buy cards there in the past!

Well, 1st Class postage has been a couple of dollars for a small deck. It'd certainly be worth splitting an order to stop it going into stupid prices.

Also, I've decided to revisit character tokens, with a more classic design rather than what I came up with before.

The one on the left is what I used to use, which was taken from an art asset in the rulebook, and the middle one is another that forum user Azoic put together to resemble the character card, but I think they are both a bit clunky.

I'm going to go with the "lighter" looking design at the end.

tokens-new.jpg

Edited by talismanisland

Nice!

Will there be an update to the SE plugin?

I'm wanting to buy the PoD version of the spell cards for an RPG from drivethru, the postage starts at $40, which is just silly!

I suppose there could be an update, but I tend to use PS.

I'll see when I add the templates for The Lost Realms.

I wa sthinking more for when SE spits out a character marker when you make a character, just so I'm clear ;)

Another batch of cards arrived today.

This time it was the Favour deck for my The Lady expansion who offers you an alternative reward when you complete a Warlock's Quest.

I'm very pleased with this lot!

favour-print-small.jpg

favour-print-small.jpg

I've made a set of tokens that use Mini American cards with the new template, and made a couple of variants for characters, Toads and NPCs.

I've also taken the opportunity to play with the official NPCs and make up some character cards for people to use with the miniatures. I thought it would be nice to use the figures when the NPCs weren't in play, although each new character will make use of the corresponding NPCs "character" sheet.

pc-pc-new.jpg

npc-npc-new.jpg

npc-pc-new.jpg

Edited by talismanisland
On 12/8/2016 at 4:03 PM, talismanisland said:

Well, I got my cards in the post today, and I am quite impressed!

I see you printed all the Harbinger cards. Is there a way to get all the files? I'd like to make them at home.