Out of stock: Shattered Empire Expansion?

By DoltishKiller, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

I saw the Shattered Empire Expansion is out of stock on the FF website and around most of the web. Is there any way to find out if there's going to be a reprint?
I own the main game and the other expansion and now I'm worried I won't be able to acquire the Shattered Empire Expansion.

Don't know where your location but I see that expansion more than Shards of the Throne expansion at local board game stores.

And to answer the Original Posters question: Yes, there is a way to see if a game and/or expansion is in reprint or not. On FFGs main page you should look for the "Upcoming" section.

P.S.

At the time of me writing this post, both expansions are marked as "Awaiting Reprint" so I would urge patience at this point.

Edited by Fnoffen

Last info from FFG (by email)

Thanks as well for your interest in TI! Our upcoming page clarifies that "This product is currently out of stock at FFG. We are planning to reprint this title, but a date for additional production has not yet been set." So unfortunately, I can't give you a date. I hope that answers your question though!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

In other words, no more info...FFG if you happen to see this: Any idea if it will be within a year or ten years?

I HEARTILY lend my support - I would buy from my LGS in an instant if they could just get it in...

Same here. My LGS has the base game in stock and I 'want' to buy it, but I don't want to have an incomplete game. :(

The base game IS playable. I would even recommend playing a couple of games with base rules only before adding even any optional rules, let alone expansions. Get good at the basics first, THEN introduce new stuff.

It is also a good way to see and understand the consensual brokenness of the original Imperial SC first hand.

Yes, by all means pick up and play the base set. The expansions add extra options, but that is what they are, options.

I luckily got Shards of the Throne at a board game store for retail value. I forked up over $ 180 for Shattered Empire. I managed to fit everything in the original box. All three expansions in good condition. The only thing that I am not wild about is Political Intrigue because it slows the game down a lot and most of the Political Cards are not really dramatic enough for players to care.

I recently played the game in July and had to play it again it was the most fun I had for 12 hours. 3 weeks later we got an 8 player game and it went super fast. The more I play it the more I have to own it. I wish the expansions were in reprint. Spending 200 bucks because of "demand" is awful but I might just give in if it's not reprinted soon.

I'm so glad that I got the expansions as soon as they came out. $200 for an expansion when the base game goes for... $90? Sick!