Anybody ever mapped Port Gyre? Or Desoleum?

By TheWorldSmith, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

I've just started drawing them up and assuming the general layouts, but I wondered if anybody else had any takes, simple, complex, or otherwise?

I'd love to see! :D

Sadly no. In my campaign, I move port gyre accidently into the hive. So as you can see I am rubbish at geography :D .

Sadly no. In my campaign, I move port gyre accidently into the hive. So as you can see I am rubbish at geography :D .

You can always ret-con it by saying it was an Administratum error and that the signs/labels/markers/map pointers etc. have since been transferred to the correct facility and that the clerk in question has been punished in accordance with making such an error. :P

Wait, it's outside of Hive Desoleum?

Wait, it's outside of Hive Desoleum?

I'm as surprised as you are.

It is technically outside, but not far. It's also connected by transit systems. It makes sense, keeps the giant ships with lots of combustible materials from 'accidentally' blowing up and damaging the hive itself.

Also, I did a 'map' of Desoleum a while back; it was quite vague in all honesty, a side-view which I used to delineate between the various levels of the hive. It gave my players an idea of how classy the area they were entering was, which helped out plenty.

I like mapping myself but find Hives are way too big to map properly > so I just take some sort of geo-morph (i.e. a city silhouette map) like say from GTA5 or whatever your pleasure > erase all the names and text on the map then put down "flags" for interesting or important places > viola map done...

Now this is done in the vein of abstraction over exactitude - I wish I could draw and do graphic design better tho