Effects of wards, ship scale.

By TBeholder, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

I searched for this, but couldn't find. So, there are defences against War based effects:
- Gellar Field
- Hexagrammatic wards (represented by Warpsbane Hull)
- Stryxis Ghost-field Array ( if like their other cool stuff it uses the Immaterium in limited ways)

- Psychic shields manifested by Astropaths (and sorcerous equivalents).

While ship-scale warp based effects (other than being translated into Warp completely, that is) include:
- Psychic powers - not normal, of course, but Astropath (and sorcerous equivalents).

- possibly Navigator powers equivalent to divinations.
- Unpleasant auras around some Chaos ships.
- Stryxis Ghost-light Macroweapon ( if it's related to Aether Weapons, which are explicitly stopped by "common" wards as well as more common personal protective fields).
- Yu'vath weapons.
- That " Daemonic Ammunition " possessed macrocannon shell monster thingy.

- Vortex from Warp drive implosion (probably far too big to do anything but raise Gellar Field ASAP, however)

- Small Vortex torpedoes.

- Inbound teleports.

How do they interact?

E.g. does anything on this list work differently against a ship that didn't turn off Gellar Field yet, or activated it preparing for translation?

Warpsbane Hull - should it give some bonus to resist psychic powers from outside the ship, much like warded body armour does? If so, how should it stack with warded personal armour (for purpose of affecting officers wearing it), too?

How about Ghost-light Macroweapon - while small Aether Weapons "shatter" on any sort of shield or ward, these are powerful enough to bring down void shields - but hits are cancelled. Psychic shielding perhaps may still just add to void shields, but how about Warpsbane Hull? If it works the same way, personal armour wards negate armour-bypassing effect of Warp Weapon and makes armour double against directly damaging warp powers - Ghost-light with its armor-bypassing death ray effect would count as which?

Should teleporting into a warded area be at least hindered, and in what way?

It's not well defined, but I consider the Gellar Field and Void Shields to be an either/or scenario. Thus if you have the Gellar Field on, you won't be blocking normal hits. In addition, the Gellar Field is just meant to be a bubble of "Reality" against the unreality of the Warp, meaning Daemons are subject to the normal rules of appearance on your ship rather than doing it whenever they feel like.

So activating a Gellar field in realspace might weaken warp effects from somewhere else slightly, but they wouldn't block other attacks, especially torpedoes as those are material objects that then pull you into the warp. Warpsbane Hull might give some sort of benefit, but then it should also require significant repairs every time you get critically hit. Since it doesn't do that, I choose to believe it's powered by belief.

An Emergency Field from being sucked into an emergency warp breach is essential though, so I'd say that was an important one.

Warpsbane Hull might give some sort of benefit, but then it should also require significant repairs every time you get critically hit. Since it doesn't do that, I choose to believe it's powered by belief.

The same can be said about Extra Armour (and ship's own). Then again, even RT "don't count money" model has Upkeep tests for damaged stuff.