Ki users psycic, and magic

By avpbott, in Anima Game Masters

Do smart magic users reall op ki and psycic users. Are martial characters truely outclassed in anima? I seem to have some freinds argueing over that its pointless in anima to play anything other than a magic user or at least someone with magic.

It really is a question of the situation. Magic users have a lot of power that other characters do not have. However, they are limited by there Zeon. Catch them while it is low, and you can mop the floor with them.

I would argue that there is no point in playing anything other then the class you want in Anima. The GM's job isn't to go to war with his players and thus it really shouldn't matter all that much what class you take or if it is really the most powerful. He should instead ensure that no matter what class or level the players are that things will be a fair but difficult challenge.

That being said I have built absolutely terrifying characters with each class. I have demi-god mages capable of wiping out entire cities with ease, I have psychics who are capable of turning anybody in their path into a mindless puppet, and I have Ki users who could march right through anything thrown at them and ruthlessly slaughter their enemies.

I've also seen a Taoist (With minimum skill in Ki) single handedly defeat an undead construct that the rest of their party seemed unable to scratch. And considering this party had a mage with almost complete mastery of necromancy, creation and essence magic; a Selene agent trained in psychokinesis and 3 other highly trained combat characters armed with artifact weapons... it sure as heck wasn't because the creature was weak.

thank you guys