Someone might want to go and challenge this.

By Professor Tanhauser, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Ok, there's a thread on (ugh) rpg.net that compares the DH2 rules to flaming horse garbage.

Here 's the link:

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?740583-Dark-Heresy-2nd-edition-s-rules-are-also-a-flaming-pile-of-horse-garbage-Edit-Not-that-bad-but-****

Basically, the Op, who is generally abusive and bullies people with his mod power, in addition to taking pride in writing viciously hateful reviews of games he doesn't like, is complaining his whole party was wiped out by one psyker roll in the intro adventure, then makes it clear he did not understand the game rules which technically said his party wasn't killed and there were ways he could have avoided it.

he decided not to spent a fate point to avoid a perils of the warp roll, for example.

His group did not understand that zero HP does not equal death in DH2.

His group did not spend fate poitnts to survive the blast.

And lastly, most easily, when a psyker starts to use a power the rest of his group could have just stepped away from him quickly,. which would be a very in character thing to do. But no, they played DH2 like it was DnD where having a wizard use magic is no big deal, they did not understand the 40k setting where psykers are barely tolerated as a necessary evil and even at best are rightfully regarded with fear, distrust and often loathing, they played him like a wizard in DnD. If the party had stepped away from the psyker, no TPK. If they'd spent fate, no TPK. If Maclennan had spent fate, maybe no TPK.

Also, since it was a 2d10 explosion ignoring armor, killing an entire party of uninjured characters with fate to spend should have been impossible if they'd known the rules and used them. Just going to zero is not death in DH2.

I can't post on rpg.net but maybe someone here could go explain to Mr. SJW that if he had played right there'd have been no TPK, and if his other players had acted properly there'd have been no TPK. Just be prepared to be banned for saying those things are the OP over there is notorious for abusing his mod power and taking any fair rebuttal that effectively debunks his points as asking for a ban under rule 10.

So?

Who cares? It was literally two years ago and the thing has 29 pages.

If you care that much do it yourself, don't ask others to fight your battles for you.

It's not my battle, I don;t play DH2, I'm into deathwatch. I just saw that as a 40k rpg fan whoi likes ffg's system, cancelled as it is and thought a dh2 fan might want to comment.

It's not my battle,

Yet you bother making a topic about a 2 year old opinion not even on these forums.

I don;t play DH2,

Then...what? Why even bother then?

I'm into deathwatch. I just saw that as a 40k rpg fan whoi likes ffg's system, cancelled as it is and thought a dh2 fan might want to comment.

If anyone wanted to bother, they'd have done it two years ago instead of necoing a thread as seemingly dead as Horus.

ThenDoctor you missed the reddest of flags!

I can't post on rpg.net

This demands some explanation.

OP is bad and you should feel bad for writing it.

Poor Tanhauser, your intentions are noble yet you find yourself getting crapped on :( I sympathize, but that is a very old thread now and its not like it can do anymore damage as Dark Heresy is officially dead (not that it will stop current players such as myself from playing)!.

No I didn't, I just didn't mention it. rpg.net is a hive of scum and villainy.

And anyways, they don't need to feel bad, it's just a very useless post. Much like them celebrating the death of Jack Chick for some reason over in the Deathwatch forums.

Poor Tanhauser, your intentions are noble yet you find yourself getting crapped on

Their intentions of getting others embroiled in a 2 year old argument on the internet?

Aye.

Is it just me or are these the only forums where I don't want to reach trough the interwebz and strangle people?

Aye.

Is it just me or are these the only forums where I don't want to reach trough the interwebz and strangle people?

I've not had any issues on r/rpg.

And anyways, they don't need to feel bad, it's just a very useless post. Much like them celebrating the death of Jack Chick for some reason over in the Deathwatch forums.

Poor Tanhauser, your intentions are noble yet you find yourself getting crapped on

Their intentions of getting others embroiled in a 2 year old argument on the internet?

No, the intention of having people stand up for their game.

No, the intention of having people stand up for their game.

Hardly different things most of the time.

I'll challenge them to a hot oil fight only if their hot women OK!

LOL

Stay GAMING

Morbid

Sorry, OP; but I respect the right of other people to not like things which I like (and vice-versa).

Also....

I can't post on rpg.net

And why is that, then?

ThenDoctor you missed the reddest of flags!

I can't post on rpg.net

This demands some explanation.

Might be because of this, and mind You, I have never even seen the website as it is unreachable by non-proxy means from my whole country, and I don't even live in russia!

Wanted to do the pic but direct upload here's forbidden so here's the copy-paste of what I see when I go to rpg.net:

Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.

The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:

ukrtel, forum spambots (HN-0007). Problematic Russian Netblock (IP-043).

Your IP, Domain Name (if resolvable), the referring page (if any), QUERY, POST, User Agent, time of access, and date have been logged and flagged for admin review. Please either 1. Stop the bad behavior, or 2. Cease accessing this system.

Your connection details:

Record #: 5046538

Time: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 16:17:54 -0700

Running: 0.4.10a3 / 73

Host: 209-57-135-95.pool.ukrtel.net

IP: 95.135.57.209

Query:

Stripped Query:

Referer:

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.143 Safari/537.36

Reconstructed URL: http:// www.rpg.net /

[...] Mr. SJW [...]

How did you get that from this post?