2016 Worlds Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

This is weird to say, but . . .

I don't think Paul is running the best list in the game right now.

Even weirder, I think Sable might be? I don't know, but K-Wings are really freakin' good , and really freakin' underrated . TLT spam will give him trouble, but anything else is almost easy mode with those guys.

It would be really dumb to switch lists the day before.

While it might be ill advised, I'd disagree that it's "dumb."

Especially if you have the benefit of seeing what people are running a full day early? You could easily see if you read the meta terribly wrong, and may NEED to make an adjustment/change.

Now, if you're just changing because you want to also be flying the new hotness, that's probably approaching "dumb," as the best Net List in the world doesn't mean anything if you have zero practice with it, vs people who've been flying it for months.

You don't have to switch lists...something like deciding to swap out BMST to Glitter, Feedback, Dampners etc. in your list could make a big impact.

Does anyone know when players have to submit their lists? I ask because people may be able to look at what's winning today and adjust their list for tomorrow... Hoping that's not a thing.

I'm playing tomorrow and no we don't turn in our lists until tomorrow.

Having practiced my list for 3 months now, there's a 0% chance I make a change based on today's results. I expect mostly the same from others playing tomorrow.

That's all well and good but to say there's nothing to be leveraged from seeing today's results is unequivocally wrong

Not that you said that, just thinking our loud.

Thing is everyone that is at Worlds is likely aware of the match ups they will face and what list they should bring that gives them the best chance to win.

If say, I expect lots of Defenders, and Day 1A shows that they were few and far between, I still won't make a change to a list to favor other match ups over Defenders because there's a chance they all show up on Day 1B.

If you're saying someone will bring "that list that went 6-0 on day 1A", you will likely not see that person on the top tables as that's a pretty ineffective way to prepare for a tournament lol

What is Bonner running?

Dallas Parker was just beaten by 186th Squadron member, Nicholas Yun (Mindlink Fenn, Roo and Scyk), by only 6 points.

Jesper Hills (also 186th, and former UK champion) also won 100-0 with Mindlink Fenn, Roo and Palob

Got details on either list?

Fenn / Roo / Palob can be very good, I was flying and talking about that a few weeks ago. I'm surprised he isn't running Fenn / Assaj / Roo.

I still think Fenn is lacking a little something. But Assaj Roo is such a wonderful start for a mindlink list ... I ended up with Kavil autoblaster turret - barrel roll- mindlink for the third musketeer and i consider this my favorite scum list right now.

Fenn with ML alongside Roo is brutal. it eliminates basically all his weaknesses.

MJ, i'll get lists for all the 186th guys for you asap

Dallas Parker was just beaten by 186th Squadron member, Nicholas Yun (Mindlink Fenn, Roo and Scyk), by only 6 points.

Jesper Hills (also 186th, and former UK champion) also won 100-0 with Mindlink Fenn, Roo and Palob

Got details on either list?

Fenn / Roo / Palob can be very good, I was flying and talking about that a few weeks ago. I'm surprised he isn't running Fenn / Assaj / Roo.

Fenn Assaj Roo would be so naked.. How do you spend the few points you have?

Gold squad just posted round 2 pairings. Among people I recognize, Dan Hars, Sozin, Richard Hsu, Dallas Parker are all having a rough start. The other "favorites" (I know) won their matches.

Not necessarily. If your angle is practice time, not everyone is only comfortable competing with one list.

Next.

Gold squad just posted round 2 pairings. Among people I recognize, Dan Hars, Sozin, Richard Hsu, Dallas Parker are all having a rough start. The other "favorites" (I know) won their matches.

Does this include Aaron Bonner, aka Kinetic Operator?

We need to know that list ASAP. I have heard rumors but would love to hear for certain.

Can someone plays there organize me a Inquisitor Promo card for X-Wing? Maybe trading with someone who plays the other games???

Fenn with ML alongside Roo is brutal. it eliminates basically all his weaknesses.

MJ, i'll get lists for all the 186th guys for you asap

I still like PTL fenn alongside rec spec manaroo better. Does just as much as mindlink to eliminiate weaknessess on fenn, but leaves him able to double reposition (or reposition and tl, or tl and focus if manaroo can't or doesn't want to pass tokens).

We need to know that list ASAP. I have heard rumors but would love to hear for certain.

Yes, he won, I think he's playing Bossk + Dengar, and he was in my 'other favorites' black box :)

Yes, he won, I think he's playing Bossk + Dengar, and he was in my 'other favorites' black box :)

Oh wow. Bossk + Dengar? Even that seems way too mainstream for him. I had heard a rumor he was thinking of running a Kanan Biggs list, but looks like he went a different direction.

Oh wow. Bossk + Dengar? Even that seems way too mainstream for him. I had heard a rumor he was thinking of running a Kanan Biggs list, but looks like he went a different direction.

He was until he got nuked by this version of bossk dengar in league play.

I feel that Bossk is easily the scariest ship out there right now. There are weaknesses, but he can deliver terrifying levels of damage.

I still think Fenn is lacking a little something. But Assaj Roo is such a wonderful start for a mindlink list ... I ended up with Kavil autoblaster turret - barrel roll- mindlink for the third musketeer and i consider this my favorite scum list right now.

What did you run here... I tried to build something like this yesterday but couldn't fit Roo in so dumped in Serissu instead.

Bossk + Dengar is so good.

I'm am so curious to find out what specific builds of this will do well at worlds. There isn't an obvious best buildout & the amount of available options is large.

I feel that Bossk is easily the scariest ship out there right now. There are weaknesses, but he can deliver terrifying levels of damage.

You say that like you know from experience! :P

What did you run here... I tried to build something like this yesterday but couldn't fit Roo in so dumped in Serissu instead.

I am not coming this year, but I spent a lot of time training friends, and that's the scum list I preferred :

Lots of nice little interactions - and a bunch of very cost effective cards :

Asajj Ventress — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft

Ship Total: 29

I am not coming this year, but I spent a lot of time training friends, and that's the scum list I preferred :

Lots of nice little interactions - and a bunch of very cost effective cards :

Asajj Ventress — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft

37 Attanni Mindlink 1 Dengar 3 Ship Total: 41 Manaroo — JumpMaster 5000 27 Attanni Mindlink 1 4-LOM 1 Black Market Slicer Tools 1 Ship Total: 30 Kavil — Y-Wing 24 Attanni Mindlink 1 Autoblaster Turret 2 Vectored Thrusters 2

Ship Total: 29

Ah you had to drop the Unhinged off Kavil, and you are running Asajj without the Lancer modifications or Title... OK.. might give that a try.

Bossk is scary if he gets to do his thing. I feel like if you have enough zoom and hp to tank a shot coming in you can get behind him and just punish him forever (a carefully flown lancer comes to mind).

Obviously that's what the wingman is for but it seems doable still.

Another option too is just pump him full of dice (brobots or similar). You're going to eat a lot of damage from him but assuming you aren't a fragile ace he's only got 12 hp and 1 agi so push damage hard and you could win the trade.

You say that like you know from experience! :P