Some help involving a character

By Danil0, in WFRP Gamemasters

Hello fellow GM's:

I am running a custom campaign right now wich its played in Averland, This campaign is a sort of tutorial/pre Campaign for my players before that i run the great "Averland’s Disputed Electorship".

My Precampaign is based on the players doing stuff in averland and Blackfire pass before the 3rd battle of blackfire pass happens and Marius Leitdorf get killed. So far is straight forward and my players are making their way there as they are getting friendly with some of the powers wich will come to play later on.

The problem I do have is how to involve one of my players characters. He rolled for a Elf Swordmaster. In the beggining i tough ofc it was easy, he was there to get some experience killing orcs, but i have really hard to give him side quests, involve him with NPC's that can help him later. My other players chars (all humans) I have created great side adventures and quest, they get involve with NPC's that I will use in the future but i dont have find yet a way to make the same effect for my elf character. Thats why i turn here to get some help in adventure seeds and hook you all could provide in how to make my swordmaster come more into play and not only in combat.

I understand the info i am leaving here is quite limited and if you guys have questions about the settings that you need when you are making adventure seeds i am more than welcome to answer them.

Ps. Hope my english is enough to understand

Danil0

Personally, I would say your mistake was letting him play a character that didn't fit the campaign. I usually havily restrict character choices so everything fits together for a cohesive feel.

Still though, it seems like you expected this to work. I consider Swordmasters to be basically the samurais of the Warhammer setting. Stoic warriors who dedicate themselves to the mastery of a specific blade technique.

Perhaps a good place to look for inspiration would be stories or rpg adventures about samurais?

You can involve him in some quest for a lost artifact, from the time of the War of the Beard. This item is buried somewhere near the Blackfire Pass, deep in the dwarven territory and the Loremasters of Sapphery want it back, beacuse... reasons. Maybe it's value is simply symbolic, maybe it can bring the apocalypse. Alternatively make him a bodyguard to someone, to whom he is honor bound - like a human, who helped to save his life. It could make for very interesting interracial interactions.