Complete WFRP virgin - help getting started

By Nare1980, in WFRP Gamemasters

Hi,

As the title suggests I am a complete WFRP novice but have decided to give it a go as my neighbour and his Son keep pestering me to get the books so we can all play. I am just waiting for a copy of the 1995 WFRP book which someone suggested I start with.

I know very little about it and what other equipment / support books I actually need to start.

I didn't want to spend loads of money in case we didn't like it so hence the 1995 book. So what as a basic do I need to get up and running.

Any tips links etc would be greatly received.

So what you got is the 1st edition of warhammer fantasy role play! Congrats it is an awesome edition. This forum is more about the 3rd edition, a very different beast.

I would recommend you go to this board: http://forum.strike-to-stun.net . It covers all editions.

As to what you need to play with the book you got? Buy the dices that the book recommends, read the book, and run the adventure at the back of it with your neighbors and the characters provided (everything is in the back). It is a very fun adventure.

When you have done so, then come back here or on the other board, give your experience and we can direct you to buy other stuff (either continuing with 1st edition, or moving to a different edition of the game - they are all good, simply different).

I was 12 years old when I bought the book you just got (well 1986 print), and ran that first adventure, and it was very fun.