How does the game play when using all expansions?

By Zogwort, in Battlestar Galactica

I'm pretty much 1 click away from ordering the game and all expansions. Im curious how does the game play with all of its bells and whistles?

During my online research I've noticed that a lot of people tend to avoid the New Caprica board. Why do you think that is? Also, is there a mechanic that allows certain boards to come into play later as the game progresses or is everything laid out at the start?

Oh well... I guess I'll just find out when my delivery arrives Monday lol!

Edited by Zogwort

I think that New Caprica adds to the game time, but not much to the elements of the game-play. It also added a complex set of rules and new locations that have to be explained such when playing the game. It was something "fresh and new" but in the long run did not pan out for long term play, and it really does not play well with the other expansions.

I would certainly say try it. Play the base and add the expansions one at a time, even in steps (expansion have more than one "element" so you can add one element at a time). See what your group likes.

Hi... Each expantion have 3 or 4 mini expantion that Cam play togheter or not. You can play all of then. BUT, in each expantion come one final diferente and you Must choice one of then to play. If you choice New Civic you don't can play Kobold (base game) or NĂ©bula (Exodus) or Earth (Daybreak). Choice one final and mix the others as you wish. Grats.

Well Im back and so far I have to say Im really enjoying the game while using the Pegasus board and Cylon Fleet board and special rules. I would try Ionian Nebula but that seems quite involved and plus the other people Ive played with haven't seen the show so I don't think it would be very fun for them.

Also I think when playong a 3-4 player game Kobol is just fine but Earth with the Dimitrius board is very interesting at 5-7 players.

I'm very glad I decided to dive into this game... it so much fun! :D

Edited by Zogwort

Remember that Dimitruis can only be player If you final is Earth and not Kobol, ok? And don't forget take of the attack cylon crisis Card when use the cylon starbase board.