Ridiculous Strength

By Osbo25, in Talisman

I got a +108 modifier to my attack roll in battle using a combination of Brainwave, Spell Call, Psionic Blast, three Warhorses, and a couple of little things here and there.

That's a lot of modifier .

Edited by Osbo25

Shouldn't it go without saying that you CANNOT ride more than one Warhorse at the same time :huh: ?

Shouldn't it go without saying that you CANNOT ride more than one Warhorse at the same time :huh:

Well, there's no rule that prevents using more than one copy of an object or follower. Weapon and Armor are specifically singled out so if creators didn't want you to use multiple warhorses they would have either added a keyword for that or worded Warhorse differently.

I got a +108 modifier to my attack roll in battle using a combination of Brainwave, Spell Call, Psionic Blast, three Warhorses, and a couple of little things here and there.

Most impressive! I assume a teleport straight to the Crown followed.

Shouldn't it go without saying that you CANNOT ride more than one Warhorse at the same time :huh: ?

One of my house rules is that you can own as many Warhorses as you like. However, you may only use one at a time.

Most impressive! I assume a teleport straight to the Crown followed.

It was close, but I just barely eked it out.

had the kind of opposite experience: turn 8 flight potion-->toadify eagle king-->arnknell-->lucky charm+fate to pass portal of power-->win

sometimes the stars align:)

In a game I played about 7 months ago, I had over 40 life. It was a huge new record.

Two games ago I had 50 fate :P Actually I might have more I just stopped counting.

Brainwave + Spell Call + Brainwave + Psionic Blast = 4 spells in a turn, how did you do that?

It would have been funnier against a Wild Boar...

Brainwave + Spell Call + Brainwave + Psionic Blast = 4 spells in a turn, how did you do that?

I had something that permitted me to have one more spell than my spell limit allowed.

Best I've ever done is a 14 craft Warlock and a 17 strength Troll.

I had something that permitted me to have one more spell than my spell limit allowed.

Wait a minute. Don't Blast and Brain Wave only affect your starting craft? If so, I can see a 40 modifier, but nothing more.

Brainwave doubles your Craft value (into 10 in case of the Warlock), Spell Call and BW again gets you to 20. Psionic Blast and Warhorse add Craft value, so each is giving you +20 after two Brainwaves. So PB + 3 Warhorses add 80 on top of your current Craft value of 20 = 100 at this point, without even considering basic Strength.

Brainwave doubles your Craft value (into 10 in case of the Warlock), Spell Call and BW again gets you to 20. Psionic Blast and Warhorse add Craft value, so each is giving you +20 after two Brainwaves. So PB + 3 Warhorses add 80 on top of your current Craft value of 20 = 100 at this point, without even considering basic Strength.

You can in theory go much higher.

Ancient Oak with 5 growth tokens on the Craft side, that's Craft Value 7

Either a destiny like the wise or the enlightened, or chant of wisdom that CV 8

With scribe cast brainwave 3 times, for CV 16, then CV 32, then CV 64

Then use 3 warhorses for a total of Craft 264 :P

Edited by Bludgeon

Woah. Crazy stuff!

There are, what, 4 Warhorses for sale in the stables deck? Maybe 5? I can't remember off the top of my head. There are one or two available to draw out of the adventure deck. You can increase your craft value with a quest reward. Have extra spells with the Genie and the Ancient Names quest reward. Multiple brainwaves, multiple spell calls. Get the Celestial with any number of fate. The sky's the limit for what can be done in theory.

So using all of this, let's say the Celestial has 9 fate. That's a craft value of 9.

Add 1 for the quest reward, bringing craft value to 10. (This is just for nice multiplication purposes.)

Cast Brainwave (CV 20), Spell Call, Brainwave (CV 40), Spell Call, Brainwave (CV 80).

Use five Warhorses to give you a +400 to your strength.

There are, what, 4 Warhorses for sale in the stables deck? Maybe 5? I can't remember off the top of my head. There are one or two available to draw out of the adventure deck. You can increase your craft value with a quest reward. Have extra spells with the Genie and the Ancient Names quest reward. Multiple brainwaves, multiple spell calls. Get the Celestial with any number of fate. The sky's the limit for what can be done in theory.

So using all of this, let's say the Celestial has 9 fate. That's a craft value of 9.

Add 1 for the quest reward, bringing craft value to 10. (This is just for nice multiplication purposes.)

Cast Brainwave (CV 20), Spell Call, Brainwave (CV 40), Spell Call, Brainwave (CV 80).

Use five Warhorses to give you a +400 to your strength.

Celestial with Lucky the pet, alt ending is A Hero Rises.

Basically he increases his Craft value by 1 every turn :P

The rest I leave to the imagination.