Weapon creation

By kyleweeks, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

There are so many little things on creating your own stuff from your own dungons http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/descent_questscreate.html and now you can create your own heroes! http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent/descentmakehero.pdf

Why not applie that to creating your own weapons or treasures! Just think of the endless possiblities that can come from this!

Reply if you agree with my crazy idea, if you don't oh well just reply anyway!

I think there needs to be more armor and shields. Just seems like the game is limited in that regard. Though I'm not sure what I would create :) I'll see what the other posters will suggest.

SqueezeBox said:

I think there needs to be more armor and shields. Just seems like the game is limited in that regard. Though I'm not sure what I would create :) I'll see what the other posters will suggest.

Do you have AOD? There are some shop armors for the backline heroes.

IIRC, AoD also adds two extra pieces of armor for each treasure level, and an extra shield.

I have WoD, JitD, and RtL. AoD isn't sold out here anywhere. But I'm not sure I want it :)

Well, I'm currently making a "mod" for descent, with character classes, races, a magic system not like the base game, etc.

For weapons, I have quite a few diffrent catagories, each has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Swords: Highest 1 handed damage, but has no special abilities

Axes: Has Pierce, but is two-handed, so no shields.

Spears: Has reach, but has that 2 handed drawback as well.

Bludgeons: May cause a daze effect, but has somewhat weaker damage.

Daggers: Weak damage dealing (more surges to boost damage than average) but has a new ability I call "Quick draw" (no movement points to equip it if your main weapon breaks)

Bows: Good range, poor damage

Guns: Poor range, good damage

Shuriken: Has quick shot, but low damage. also has a feature I call "Poor accuracy" Only the blue die, and one other of choice count for range. (which can still be boosted by surges and power dice)

Staff: Weak damage, but spellcasters can use them to aid in channeling mystic energies, boosting spell power (Kinda like sorcery, but for spells only)

that sounds pretty awesome, be sure to send your mod my way if you need some testing done.