Quick guide

By monk, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Hi. Just grabbed this very cheap. Can anyone advise me on both small/deluxe expansions. Do they contain cards for any race or is each one specific for a particular race? What is differencebetween the small and deluxe expansions?

Thanks

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/warhammer-invasion-the-card-game/

The small expansions add cards to all factions. So do the deluxe ones but they have something special aswell.

Assault on ulthuan added the high and dark elves (with their capital boards)

March of the damned added undead (vampire counts) and lizardmen as neutral units (no capital boards)

Legends added special expensive but powerfull units called well...legends.

Cataclysm added a new card type called "fullcrums" that you could attack/defend for special tokens/powers.

Hidden kingdoms finally added capital cards (not full sized boards) for the 4 neutral (grey border) races: wood elves, lizardmen, skaven and undead. (and more cards for those factions)

If you have to pick one, get assault on ulthuan because the starter box only has 4 of the 6 main factions (empire, dwarf, ork chaos) who appear in all the small and deluxe expansions.

Also be aware tht the earlier small packs and delyxe do not contain a full playset of 3x each card, but later ones do.

So for a completist full playset, the earlier stuff needs 3 packs buying

But you dont NEED a full x3 playset to build good decks

yeah I have a tendency to put one of each card in my binder and then use the other two in my decks. (Unless I absolutly need one combo for my win -my hastur deck for CoC- then I take out the aditional cards)

Edited by Robin Graves