Download the Rules

By The Black Man, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Thr Grim Rule: "If players are unable to find the answer to a rules or timing conflict in this Rules Reference, resolve the conflict in the manner that the players perceive as the worst possible at that moment with regards to winning the scenario, and continue with the game."

Well at least this time they came right out and said it...

yay, have a good read everyone :)

Thr Grim Rule: "If players are unable to find the answer to a rules or timing conflict in this Rules Reference, resolve the conflict in the manner that the players perceive as the worst possible at that moment with regards to winning the scenario, and continue with the game."

Well at least this time they came right out and said it...

Awesomeness.

I was hoping for fluff in those books.. I doubt they just removed it for the pdf

The fluff is presumably in the Campaign Guide.

I can't wait!

Any rule that caught you guys attention? (beside the The Grim Rule)

Mine:

1. If the encounter deck is empty, simple reshuffle the discard into it (no specific phase as LOTR).
  2. If the player deck is empty and you need to draw, reshuffle the discard into it and take one horror.
  3. Spawn keyword enemies are discarded if the spawn location is not in play.
  4. You can attack engaged and engaged enemies. If you miss a engaged enemy with another player, that player take the full dmg (be careful with your shotgun!).
  5. Rules for Aloof and Massive enemies!
  6. Rules for starting with more experience feel very cheap (every 10xp = one weakness).
  7. Each and every basic weakness you get from expansions, go into the "general weakness pool" that you can draw your initial weakness.
  8. The same weakness you start or acquire stay with you the whole campaign.
  9. The "standalone" adventure rule is a little awkward.

The "standalone" adventure rule is a little awkward.

But it kind of makes sense. If you want to play scenario 2 stand-alone, you have to at least go through the resolution of scenario 1 to see if you burned your house down or if it can still be a valid location.

I thought the Collection reference is interesting. Are there going to be card effects interacting with cards from my binder?

The reference to text box blanking abilities scares me.

Is there any rule to prevent a player from putting another copy of his character special card into his normal 30 card deck.

Is there any rule to prevent a player from putting another copy of his character special card into his normal 30 card deck.

Doesn't look like it.

They should fix the typos?

The 'grim rule' is right down my alley! :D

But it kind of makes sense. If you want to play scenario 2 stand-alone, you have to at least go through the resolution of scenario 1 to see if you burned your house down or if it can still be a valid location.

Well, it makes complete sense thematically, but it looks very impractical. Might be quick for second or third scenario in campaing, but what if you want to play 7th or 8th?

I was expecting something like extra page or box in campaing guide with simplified rules for playing a scenario as standalone.

I thing that the best idea for ffg to make all types of players happy, would be to offer more stand alone scenarios like Course of Rougaru. Or maybe even a Deluxe expansion with just "side stories". It would be like LotR model but reversed.

Any rule that caught you guys attention? (beside the The Grim Rule)

Killed/Insane Investigators: "An investigator may also be killed or driven insane by card ability, or during a scenario's resolution."

Can't remember if it was in the previews, but there are more ways to lose your character than just taking too much trauma! Not that I should be surprised...

Edited by Assussanni

"4.3 Ready exhausted cards.
Simultaneously ready each exhausted card."

So this includes enemies right? Just making sure

Exhausted enemies are a subset of "each exhausted card" so I would assume so.

The new mulligan rule caught my attention the most.

Well, it makes complete sense thematically, but it looks very impractical. Might be quick for second or third scenario in campaing, but what if you want to play 7th or 8th?

I was expecting something like extra page or box in campaing guide with simplified rules for playing a scenario as standalone.

I thing that the best idea for ffg to make all types of players happy, would be to offer more stand alone scenarios like Course of Rougaru. Or maybe even a Deluxe expansion with just "side stories". It would be like LotR model but reversed.

Not sure what you would be concerned about?

If you like to play scenario 7 as a stand alone you just go through 6 cards/paragraphs, choosing one of the possible effects, and start playing.

This can be done at the time of the group coming together or even beforehand and cannot possibly take more then a few minutes per scenario.

The designer answered that question -- the short answer is, you can't have more than one of the investigator specific cards in your deck. The link to the full answer is here:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33253-frequently-asked-questions-check-here-first-please/?p=291671

Isn't it on the character cards, under deckbuilding requirements/restictions?

The designer answered that question -- the short answer is, you can't have more than one of the investigator specific cards in your deck. The link to the full answer is here:

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33253-frequently-asked-questions-check-here-first-please/?p=291671

Isn't it on the character cards, under deckbuilding requirements/restictions?

Assuming the special character cards are not counted as one of the "standard player cards" and continue to be specified under the "Deckbuilding Requirements" rather than "Deckbuilding Options", then they would be excluded from being chosen during deck construction by the fourth restriction.

Not all the way through it yet, but a few things that have caught my attention:

- Playing a card from hand (unless Fast) draws an attack of opportunity

- New mulligan rule

- I like the way Agenda/Act card sides work a lot better than LOTR.

- The references to a player's "Collection" are interesting

The new mulligan rule caught my attention the most.

This caught my eye too, but I wasn't sure if this was normal (I don't play many card games). Drawing a hand, choosing which to keep, replacing every card discarded and replacing weaknesses drawn in either step does look very nice.

I think the friendly fire rule is a bit cruel...