why the dices are all painted with the same color?

By dakaempfa, in Forbidden Stars

can someone please explain me why the dices have all the same color, when you have the chance to use only at least 8 dices? it was not better paint the dices half blue and half red for example?

I am guessing since a player can only make 1 attack per advance order, the felt it was unnessary because multiple combats happening at the same time doesn't happen.

Just my guess.

I think he meant why don't we have two different colors, one for the attacker, and one for the defender

I think the design philosophy is that different types of dice have different colours but same type of dice all have the same colour. Firstly, there is less room for confusion if all dice of one type all look the same. Secondly, it makes things easier when designing expansions that might use new types of dice since more colours remain. Thirdly, another good reason is that quality control is much easier since you don't have to make sure that each box contains the correct number of each coloured die. Lastly (that I can think of), it's probably slightly cheaper to have just one colour.

ty all!