Tom Vasel - Cosmic Encounter #1 Game of all time

By Ken at Sunrise, in Cosmic Encounter

He says there is a reason why this game has lasted 30 years.

The AH had a few nice things but the Fantasy Flight version is the best version so far.

This is his favorite game over all, of all time.

Mine too I think.

He says there is a reason why this game has lasted 30 years.

The AH had a few nice things but the Fantasy Flight version is the best version so far.

This is his favorite game over all, of all time.

Mine too I think.

Actually, it's 39 years :)

CE has been a number one on his list for many years now.

It's my favorite game too.

Yep, no surprise here.

I'll be more surprised when something replaces it as his #1.

Edited by mitchjmiller

The only game that might get a shot is Iron Throne I believe.

I actually picked this one up today after watching his video and researching the game. Our group is starting to branch out from Eldritch Horror now so I want it in the queue. I think next up is Game of Thrones 2nd edition and Mage Knight, but after that I am anxious to get this one to the table. Oh that one and Dead of Winter. Too many games and not enough time!!

Cosmic Encounter has been my favorite game by far for over 35 years. I thought nothing would be better than the Eon version, but I like the Fantasy Flight version more.

Unfortunately, one person in my game group does not like it. Fortunately, he shows up three or four hours later than everyone else for our monthly Saturday game days, so I still have a chance to play sometimes.

Edited by PJSlavner
missing word

On his podcast, Tom mentioned that the game got him in trouble with his wife once. Made a deal with her, then went back on his word to win the game himself, lol. My wife doesn't like it because of the social possibility of backstabbing and disloyalty.

its a great game, and when you own all of the released content, you are never going to play the same game twice. There is so much variance, the game stays fresh even after dozens of sessions.

Edited by Redsavina