Holy Aura

By Minti-me, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I have a query regarding the Holy Aura Skills use in rtl

I dont have the rtl rules with me but as i recall they adjusted some of the skills, specifically the cards providing bonuses to armour so it goes up by one at each lelve silver +2 to armour and +3 at gold level. Has anyone seen if there has ever been an official ruling regarding doing the same thing with Holy Aura, I mean it's not the best ability anyway but in the narrow corridors of many of rtl's dungeons at least if it went up to three it might have some effect!

Thus far it hasn't been changed. The only ones that have are the Parry, Deflect Arrows, Inner Fire (as you mentioned). A few heros abilities were changed because of RtLs smaller dungeons, and new dice (silver and gold)

I feel that they should though, cuz it seems like a really cool ability and useful in a dungeon, but the OL just avoids u, n when he actually gets next to u it doesn't take off enough,

just add it to my wish list,lol

house rule it and see how it works

Id go with house rule it to level like the three armor skills (parry, deflect arrows etc). It could use some help especially since even kobolds have insane HP at the diamond level

I got a bsaic question on Aura but can't find an answer anywhere:

Is a hero wounded by the aura of a monster only one time per turn or can he bit 'hit' 2 times, e.g. if he walks along the hellhound or if you have the demon prince and the aura upgrade which gives your Aura a 2-square-range, what about a hero walking adjacent to the Demon Prince and so crossing 2 squares of your Aura.

THX... I know it's quite a noob question and I think they're only hit once but I can't find something in the rules...

AFAIK they would take 1 point of damage for each square they enter that is adjacent to a monster with Aura. So if you moved down the 2 square side of a Hellhound to get around him, you would take 2 damage.

That's how we've always played it as well.

I agree with Big Remy and Slev, and the consensus on the old boards was that the figure entering aura takes as much damage as adjacent squares into which he moves. That's what makes Telekinesis plus Holy Aura an obnoxious combo. Ring around the rosey to death.

MaHaPaTe said:

I got a bsaic question on Aura but can't find an answer anywhere:

Is a hero wounded by the aura of a monster only one time per turn or can he bit 'hit' 2 times, e.g. if he walks along the hellhound or if you have the demon prince and the aura upgrade which gives your Aura a 2-square-range, what about a hero walking adjacent to the Demon Prince and so crossing 2 squares of your Aura.

THX... I know it's quite a noob question and I think they're only hit once but I can't find something in the rules...

Descent rulebook, page 22:

Each time an enemy figure moves into a space adjacent
to a figure with the Aura ability, it immediately suffers
1 wound that cannot be reduced by armor.

This is once each time you move into a space adjacent to it. So if you move into space X that is adjacent to it, you suffer one wound. If you then move into space Y that is also adjacent to it, you would suffer another wound. The triggering conditions are: 1) movement; you must just have moved, and 2) being adjacent; you must now be adjacent. If both of those apply, you suffer a wound.