Incoming transmission....

By Darth Lupine, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

*******For Imperial Naval High Command, action report, Hirschau System, Blood Squadron, Fleet Admiral Wolf Deralisk, Commanding********

This was a for fun match at the local LGS, were I am trying desperately to build up some enthusiasm for the game. My opponent also flies Imperials, so...

My list (bear in mind, I usually go very light on upgrades, having this many is a first for me).

ISD II

Admiral Motti

Gunnery team

leading shots

XI7 lasers

Relentless title

skilled first officer

ECM

GSD I

Demolisher

Assault proton torps

ordnance experts

Intel officer

GSD I

Assault proton torps

ordnance experts

Raider I

Ordnance experts

Interceptor squadrons x3

400 points.

Opponent was flying as I recall, may have missed a couple:

Interdictor

Motti

G8

Scrambler

assorted other upgrades

Demolisher

(similar set up to mine)

ISD II

(similar set up to mine)

4X TIE squadrons

He took first player, and chose Advanced Gunnery, with Demo on both sides as the objective ship.

My ships started at full speed and stayed that way. By turn 2 I was on his side of the table and it was a scrum. His ISD started far to my left flank, and was a bit too far to benefit from the scramblers, while my whole fleet stayed in tight formation through.

At the end of turn 5 all his ships were gone, the ISD going down to a ruptured engine crit. I lost Demo and an Interceptor squadron, for a tourney result of 9-2.

I basically flew directly down his throat and then just poured in more fire than he could withstand. My opponent is now rethinking the Interdictor's value as an offensive ship...lol.

I took pics of every turn, but this site hates me..... Lyraeus, you can see them in my FB feed, if you want you can paste them here. You're far more computer savvy than I....

Well done, but I think your opponent needs to practice more with the interdictor.

I played almost the exact same match up as the interdictor player and annihilated the ISD/Demo/Glad/Raider config. I didn't even bother running demo.

It was his first try, admittedly. I'm sure he will do better next time.

Altough perhaps your opponent needs more practice running his ships? Lol

The supression refit just lumbers and stumbles too much for my liking. Got an Interdictor/Demo/GSD I/double Raider I I'm looking at for next time, or triple GSD if I have it by then. Like Lupine here, I'm normally running a far more aggressive setup than I did that game.