Ruins Expansion

By David Spangler, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I love this game, and I would like to see it take on a new kind of adventure: ruins. Instead of delving into dungeons, I'd love an expansion in which the explorers found and were exploring an ancient city that was in ruins. Parts of the city could be dungeon-like, but other parts would be aboveground. Who knows what lurks in half-collapsed temples, graveyards, old palaces, wizard's towers, and the like? Monsters certainly, ghosts probably, but maybe new artifacts, treasure for sure, new knowledge, awakening old sleeping horrors--so many stories that could be told. I think a ruins-exploration expansion would offer lots of possibilities for adventure and for expansion itself, adding new buildings and so forth.

Would this interest anyone else?

Descent really doesn't have a good tile system to support anything other than dungeons. Anything above ground is just not going to be able to live up to it's full potential because of the tiles used in Descent. You'd have to have an alternate method of forming maps.

I personally think that a ruins exploration game would be excellent.

That sounds like a great idea but now with the "Road to legend" and "Tomb of ice" expantions you get outdoor pieces. So you can create your own "Ruins" Now I might want to look into that myself