So can I stop by without tickets and buy Arkham Horror LCG?

By medjohnson, in Arkham Nights

I live near Roseville and was planning on dropping by Friday evening around 6:00. I don't have tickets to the Arkham Nights event. I was not planning on participating in any of the scheduled offerings and am not too heartbroken over the swag bag bonus for preregistering. This is my loss.

So here's the question: Am I allowed to enter the building, purchase a copy of Arkham Horror: The Card Game, and leave?

Is a purchase of the game possible for those of us who have not preregistered and have no tickets? Are unannounced walk-in purchases of this early release game possible? Will there be enough copies available for unregistered visitors or will I be turned away at the door for not being preregistered?

I was working under the assumption that the preregistration was designed for head count/planning purposes with regards to the official Arkham Nights gaming events and demonstrations that are specifically tailored to this event weekend.

Heck, I was planning on picking up some additional Eldritch Horror stuff while there.

In a nutshell: Will I be able to buy the card game without tickets on Friday?

I'm sure you would be able to. If you haven't been to the Games Center before, it's basically a decent-sized game cafe, with the counter for buying stuff and ordering food by the front door. The Games Center will be open for normal business during the entirety of the event. The event is going on in a smaller, separate room towards the back of the store. Anyone buying a copy would have to bring out it to the counter anyway, so they'll probably just have them out in the main part of the store.

I'll PM you my contact info. If you get there and they don't have any copies "out front", text me and I'll bring you a copy from inside the event room for you to buy (as long as they don't sell out immediately!).

Edited by KBlumhardt

My hope is that they don't allow outside people to buy it (sorry, no offense). I'm coming from out of town and I am excited to get my hands on this. If they sell out of it because they were selling it to people that didn't preregister for the event and those that did didn't get a chance at a copy, that'll be pretty sh*tty.

My hope is that they don't allow outside people to buy it (sorry, no offense). I'm coming from out of town and I am excited to get my hands on this. If they sell out of it because they were selling it to people that didn't preregister for the event and those that did didn't get a chance at a copy, that'll be pretty sh*tty.

There will maybe be... what... 100 ticketed attendees? With the buzz for this, they'll almost certainly have hundreds of copies of it on hand. There should be plenty for everyone (unless people start buying tons of extra copies for EBay or something... I'd be waaaay more upset about that).

I'm going to Nights, and I have plans to buy 3 for myself. 2 for the full playset, and one to keep as a demo copy so I don't have to rip apart decks.

i thought i read somewhere that it sold 250 tickets? the sell out article no longer shows that number...hmm...

if it was only 100 people that would be great, that many people packed into the game center would be tight, even with their other big room. i was there for their star wars celebration and that was packed, but still less than 250. as long as those that preregistered got their stuff then great, but yeah, ebaying it is not cool.

i thought i read somewhere that it sold 250 tickets? the sell out article no longer shows that number...hmm...

if it was only 100 people that would be great, that many people packed into the game center would be tight, even with their other big room. i was there for their star wars celebration and that was packed, but still less than 250. as long as those that preregistered got their stuff then great, but yeah, ebaying it is not cool.

I thought I remembered a sign by the entrance to the event room with "Capacity: 150" or something (I could be waaay off). There's probably close to 20 staff and volunteers running around, so I have a hard time picturing many more than 120-150 or so people in that room. Last year, when the Barricades and Cycle of Eternity games were both running at the same time Saturday night (tying up 32 players between the two games), that was easily 1/3 of the people in the room, but it wasn't full... so maybe 150 would work?

Edited by KBlumhardt

i did finally get a response to my email on this topic that i sent two weeks ago:

There will be one copy and only one copy available for each attendee of Arkham Nights. As always, please contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

———
Kalar
Customer Service Team

i did finally get a response to my email on this topic that i sent two weeks ago:

There will be one copy and only one copy available for each attendee of Arkham Nights. As always, please contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

———

Kalar

Customer Service Team

Good to know...

———

Kalar

Customer Service Team

Good to know...

Well that settles it for us.