tooth and nail (deep elf kobold pack adventure) spoilers bugs or intention?

By Dicetales, in Road to Legend

Spoilers

played this adventure last night very nice liked the allies! also was it all Nerkhall tiles 50s+?

but 2 things..

1) 1/2 way though the adventure a golem spawned... due to its large base it had difficulty moving all adventure and did nothing..

move 3.. if it can not expand on/from the 3rd sqr .. they to goes to the closest space? as it was melee it was constantly out of reach even beyond reach.. as its a very small and twisty path/map

it does not get 6 movement points for a double move does it? i play 3 and 3 and if it can not do the 1st 3 then the 2nd 3's scuppered too.

might be intention it looked big a scary if i fluffed the start it might have taken me out but i tend to always push forward as often as i can..

2) Lava/slime/yellow squares.. i think the monsters don't willing move on to this.

this map has a impassable section large green puddle is that by design... again my golem go stuck behind it.. and also some kobolds where left behind this was a pain for the final task.. which advised +1 shield for a skill test per kobold on the map..

3) dotted red line again i need to read the rules here but is it impassable? e.g monsters\heros on it? might get stuck there?

4) also id love the game to be cleared on when it wants masters or minions,

the hound was a master but it didn't specify master for the elf,, but the pdf rules say place a master (i think)

fixes... for 1) the 1/2 way spawn.. smaller monsters or ranged large monsters only?

2) monster immune to damage? from yellow squares on this map? or clear kobolds from 1st part of map? auto catch-up kobolds

once past the large green puddle some trigger to clear things left behind..?

3) map change?

Edited by milarky

1: Monsters may take double move activation. Also keep in mind that a large base monster contracts and expands, giving it more "virtual" movement than would be indicated by it's speed.

2: in RTL, monsters avoid spaces like water and lava unless it is the only way to reach the target. As always, players can use their discretion. If the monster would lose several activations going around a hazard space, then you can rule that they go through it.

3: Elevation cannot be moved over, unless you're a large monster expanding and contracting. It does not block adjacency, however, so you can attack through it.

4: Master is always placed first, so unless there is a master on the map, you place a master.

ah so double move is (not mov3 mov3) its 1 action of 6? ..I had factored in the shrink expand.. and a possible +2 move from ol effect

or is that (mov5 move 5 with the plus 2 effect?)

kobolds would have died trying to get over the tile 2 health? 2 sqrs off lava was the minimum movement need to cross a 60s #ed tile..

is master 1st even for a unique place ment are all unique masters?

the app definitely said master hound..

im just curious and think it can be tidied up on other monsters

can knights stamina attack skill forget the name move a hero.and jump over elevations? .. i almost had my knight do this then though he'd be trapped

Edited by milarky

It's still 2 actions, but you do not have to expand in the middle- note I'm I'm thinking here of OL play, but a golem could:

take a move action (gain 3 MP) then immediately (before spending any) perform a second move action (gain 3 more) and then spend 6 MP without expanding at all in the middle.

@ milarky:

I've played RtL and RoaG many, many times, with a group or as solo tests, and I can confirm that as far as I can tell, all "unique" monsters are masters. The app, however will still count them as a "group" so when I defeat a unique monster, I usually click "defeat group" instead of "defeat unique".

Concerning movement, there is an additional rule that monster will not take actions that will cause them to be defeated. So in this case, as they would have to cross more than one hazardous spaces, they would not cross that terrain, but would try to around.

ah cool.. achievement gained! mastered monster movement thank you!

forget its a pool of movement points some times...think some of my large monster have been moving faster with 2 moves and extra "expands" as well

still think my Golem would have had a hard time with the long south passage.. kobolds heros and skeletons strung along it..

and the double move might get some harder monsters across the pool...

ah well knowledge for next time

Edited by milarky

The thing to remember is that the decision making rule allows you to play the AI as smart or as dumb as you want to keep the game interesting for your group.

It's still 2 actions, but you do not have to expand in the middle- note I'm I'm thinking here of OL play, but a golem could:

take a move action (gain 3 MP) then immediately (before spending any) perform a second move action (gain 3 more) and then spend 6 MP without expanding at all in the middle.

As Zaltyre said, you can say that the monster can move two times in a row. I elaborated the topic in another post , I consider monsters can move twice (even if nothing changes in the board), although some others consider they cannot because there's a rule in RtL that says that if an action does not change something in the board, nothing happens (post 92 to 98 of the topic ).

Anyhow, you are free to decide which perspective you go with.

@ milarky:

I've played RtL and RoaG many, many times, with a group or as solo tests, and I can confirm that as far as I can tell, all "unique" monsters are masters. The app, however will still count them as a "group" so when I defeat a unique monster, I usually click "defeat group" instead of "defeat unique".

I agree with this...although, don't forget that in a 2 hero-game many large monsters are minions and consecuentely, the "Unique" monsters (except if the app says, ignore monster groups).

About the Kobolds, well, they simple get stuck IMO, leaving you with an "easy" quest, you know, maybe next time the app will choose another monster...

made the quest harder with the kobolds stuck .. had to send some back to clear them too pass the final skill check.. or wait for the double blank skill check roll

made the quest harder with the kobolds stuck .. had to send some back to clear them too pass the final skill check.. or wait for the double blank skill check roll

Oh right, I forgot that you need to kill them to get an easier attribute test...well, hahaha there you go, you had an harder quest...

As Zaltyre said, you can say that the monster can move two times in a row. I elaborated the topic in another post , I consider monsters can move twice (even if nothing changes in the board), although some others consider they cannot because there's a rule in RtL that says that if an action does not change something in the board, nothing happens (post 92 to 98 of the topic ).

I would agree that monsters can double-move, either as one big move or in two smaller moves, as they like. It's certainly valid in normal play, so I'd think it's a bit cheap to say it's not valid in RtL.

Besides, the monster could also declare Move Action #1, move one space, interrupt to declare Move Action #2 and then continue with the rest of its movement before expanding. Something has thus changed on the board for Move #1, as the monster has moved one space, and something will also change for Move #2, as the monster completes its movement with all available points.