The Miskatonic University

By TomPow, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

I feel this will be an eventual location. Do you think we'll get a whole cycle out of it?

Edited by TomPow

Considering just today they released Miskatonic Museum, I would say you are right.

I wonder if it's the same museum as in Elder signs...

Isn't the miskatonic university supposed to already be in the core set?

Isn't the miskatonic university supposed to already be in the core set?

I was under this impression as well

The core set has one scenario set in Arkham, with the University as a location (or possibly several locations; I haven't seen the whole map spoiled). Also, the Miskatonic Museum announcement heavily implies that the first scenario of Dunwich will be set in the University.

At first I missed that this was the Miskatonic Museum rather than the University. I love the world building that can happen in these Coop LCGs. Just like exploring Angmar in LOTR, somewhere you only hear a passing mention of and the game designers get to open up that location through the game and explore it.

Reading back through the preview of Dunwich legacy, you see this quote:

• What secrets lie behind the sealed doors of Miskatonic University? Just how sinister are the gangsters that run Arkham's Clover Club? What do the disappearances of Professors Rice and Morgan have to do with the events of Dunwich, several months back?

Right at the end which implies the missions in this cycle will center around Miskatonic, not to mention that you are tracking down Miskatonic professors. I am guessing that between the core and this first cycle it will probably focus on Arkham, Dunwich, and Miskatonic and that future cycles will tackle things like Mountains of Madness or Egyption themes just like in Eldritch or Arkham horror.

The very first scenario for Dunwich Legacy is called Extracurricular Activity and centers around going through the university...