RPG Board Game

By David Spangler, in Dark Heresy

I apologize for posting this here, but there doesn't seem on the new forums to be a place to suggest new game titles. I just want to register an interest--a very strong interest, in fact--in a Dark Heresy board game, perhaps ala Arkham Horror, perhaps even similar to the new Android, perhaps totally original in its own right. Not to take away from the RPG experience, but no one in my gaming group has any interests at all in role playing, more's the pity, but are exclusively board gamers or they prefer light social gaming like--it hurts me to say it--Pictionary. I'd love to get into the Dark Hersy universe but don't see a chance unless a board game shows up.

Anyone else share a similar interest?

Legally FFG cannot make any Board Games wset in eithier of teh Warhammer universe, that use Minatures. However that said there are many Warhammer 40,000 Board games such as Space Hulk, Space Crusade, & Ultramarines. There is also this thread that might interest you:

Dark Heresy Board Game

Wu Ming, thanks for that link. That's pretty much what I was looking for (though I think I had an AH format in mind more than a Descent one). Yes, over the years, I've owned and played every boardgame that GW put out. I still regret having sold Space Hulk some years ago...

I've never played Descent although it seems VERY popular. I do however see how Arkham Horror would lend itself well to a DH kind of game. I personally was thinking more along the lines of Tanhäuser.