What will you do after February 2017? (License end)

By Gregorius21778, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Well my group will be around and still playing but then again I still Run myself TSR Top Secret/SI which has not seen a supplement since '92. And I have it running in the current day.

Old Gamers, we never let old systems die

Top Secret / SI was my first breakaway from D&D. I really wanted to run Star Frontiers but I could never find a copy of it anywhere.

Well my group will be around and still playing but then again I still Run myself TSR Top Secret/SI which has not seen a supplement since '92. And I have it running in the current day.

Heh. Every time I start thinking that the WH40KRP system is too clunky, I remind myself that I used to play Top Secret . Makes everything seem much better by comparison...

Which version, the orginal or the SI?

Top Secret / SI was my first breakaway from D&D. I really wanted to run Star Frontiers but I could never find a copy of it anywhere.

Star Frontiers odd system but could be fun.. and I hope you enjoyed your breakway from D&D

Also we still have a Gamma World Game running too

Heh. Every time I start thinking that the WH40KRP system is too clunky, I remind myself that I used to play Top Secret . Makes everything seem much better by comparison...

The original, from (I think) 1980. Where you had three different 'character classes' to choose form, each of which required a significantly different amount of XP to advance in level, and yet there was no mechanical difference between the classes! They just did that in mindless imitation of AD&D . Aaargh!

The original, from (I think) 1980. Where you had three different 'character classes' to choose form, each of which required a significantly different amount of XP to advance in level, and yet there was no mechanical difference between the classes! They just did that in mindless imitation of AD&D . Aaargh!

Nods yep I remember those days..

Will admit the hand to hand system in that 1 was one of the better double blind if it was simple 2 or 3 or 4 person melee

I've already sort of migrated off the FFG forums for my 40kRPG fix, but I expect interest in the system to stagnate. Honestly, it's been stagnating for a good while. Elsewhere we've toyed with using other systems to run 40k games but nothing really quite fits or garners enough interest. Personally, I still have a shelf full of unexplored (meaning, not brought up in a game) material, so if I ever do come back to it I've got 'new' stuff.

I've already sort of migrated off the FFG forums for my 40kRPG fix, but I expect interest in the system to stagnate. Honestly, it's been stagnating for a good while. Elsewhere we've toyed with using other systems to run 40k games but nothing really quite fits or garners enough interest. Personally, I still have a shelf full of unexplored (meaning, not brought up in a game) material, so if I ever do come back to it I've got 'new' stuff.

So where did you go to? :P

Keeping that a secret so none of you follow me

Keeping that a secret so none of you follow me

I think he asked so we can avoid you rather. ;-)

We wouldn't want to end up in the same place by mere coincidence!

Edited by Gridash

You can't fire me! I quit!

We will be moving on to other game systems as this coincides with the end of a long-running Black Crusade Campaign.

I've probably got a few more Dark Heresy games in me. I imagine it will eventually become much harder to pull random players though from LFG sites. Not looking forward to that. It's sad that the sort of era of Dark Heresy online play started with Roleplay RPG and kind of fizzled. I'm just happy to have played though the good part.

Edited by fog1234

I've got a good group of long term friends and enough material to last indefinitely. I plan on making my Dark Heresy on open world style campaign when I've completed Forgotten Gods with the aim of running the occasion game of deathwatch within the askellon setting so we can flesh it out further.

40krpg wise I'm good. Unless someone comes along and develops a new system (ideally from the ground up and also not with multiple itterative rulebooks), I'm okay with what we've got. Getting others interested will also not be too hard due to the somewhat indecent ease one can source the rules online.

The only thing that could lessen my forays into 40k is the rather excellent looking 7th edition of Call of Cthulhu which deals with very similar themes to dark heresy but in my next favorite IP.

Edit: If FFG ever get off their arses and make an Android RPG I would totally be into that!

Edited by Gregor Eisenhorn