LOTR/AH style LCG solo card game

By David Spangler, in Star Wars

The original Star Wars LCG card game was an adventure game modeled after LOTR in which one or two players executed dangerous missions, explorations, etc. against the Empire; after being demoed at Gen Con, it was canceled and replaced by the current 2-player version.

But now that FFG has come out with an LCG Arkham Horror adventure card game using a streamlined version of the LOTR card game engine, I'd like to see this trend continue and the solitaire/2-player co-op card game resurrected. As a player who can rarely find other to play against, almost all the FFG Star Wars games are relatively useless to me (though I have them anyway--go figure!). I'd really like to see a Star Wars LCG for one or two players to join the excellent company of LOTR and AH adventure card games.

I'd love a game like this as long as the characters are the actual characters from the movies (Luke, Han, Leia, etc) and not the generic "heroes" from Imperial Assault.

Ha, I came here to post this very thing. Old post but deserves a bump. This would be very interesting to see and would sell very well.

I do not buy the current Star Wars LCG or Destiny, but would gladly buy a solo/coop card game.

On 3/31/2017 at 8:30 AM, Hedgehobbit said:

I'd love a game like this as long as the characters are the actual characters from the movies (Luke, Han, Leia, etc) and not the generic "heroes" from Imperial Assault.

I'd prefer the opposite. I'd even go so far as to prefer the simple class names from the Warhammer Quest card game.

I came here looking to see if anyone had posted anything similar and was pleased to see I am not alone in my thoughts.

I would love to see a Arkham-esque (story driven not the theme) LCG for Star Wars that could be played solo.

Now that Imperial Assault is drying up, and the only really other solo offering is Outer Rim (which doesn't float my boat) I would love to see other options for the collectable card game market.