The Delve!

By maxam, in Road to Legend

Ok, now that I've calmed down (phew!) - some speculation based on the article...

Even with just the Core Set , you’ll find fifteen regular stages and five unique boss fights, but every expansion that includes new map tiles adds three to seven more stages that you may randomly encounter during a game

So, it does say 3 to 7, so I guess some expansions may add a number in between - but if I were to conservatively estimate the minimum of 3 for all the small box expansions and the max of 7 for the big box then with the core, that's 44 stages!!!

Although I guess that the box expansion stages may include new boss stages as part of the 3 - 7 they add?

Fixed short random games - using more than the core tiles! Too good to be true!

Edited by maxam

It is also possible that 3-7 is so vague because some require combinations of expansions.

It is also possible that 3-7 is so vague because some require combinations of expansions.

mind = blown

That would be amazing - I hope it turns out to be the case!

The thing that i think most everyone has noticed, but. nobody is willing to say.

It will be leagues easier to make a Delve encounter than a sidequest.

I really feel that this could take off in a good way.

Delve seems like a fun way to try out different hero combinations. I am very excited!

I'm also hoping that the "Boss" stages make use of the lieutenants!

Without wanting to sound like a bit picker, I think there will be 3 'normal' stages and 0 - 4 boss fights, which would then correspond with the lieutenants you get with the boxes ( SoN for example comes with 4 new lieutenants, I'd be crazy to think that they don't all have a 'Boss' version in delve so that's leave you with 3 normal stages, which being the minimum would correspond to any exp that has no lieutenants (maybe mists or chains as it's the same lieutenants))

Pure speculation, but the maths looks good in my head

This makes great sense!

While it would be nice to have a gob load of normal stages ... I'd be even more happier to have an increased chance of seeing the lieutenants on the table!

Even at 3 'normal' stages per expansion, that's still another 23 stages in total.

I guess it makes financial sense too ... you're going to have the cardboard chits for the lieutenants if you have the expansion, and it increases the likelihood that players will be inspired to spring for the plastic version.

Hooo boy - I can't wait to see some of my plastic lieutenants on the table!

This makes great sense!

While it would be nice to have a gob load of normal stages ... I'd be even more happier to have an increased chance of seeing the lieutenants on the table!

Even at 3 'normal' stages per expansion, that's still another 23 stages in total.

I guess it makes financial sense too ... you're going to have the cardboard chits for the lieutenants if you have the expansion, and it increases the likelihood that players will be inspired to spring for the plastic version.

Hooo boy - I can't wait to see some of my plastic lieutenants on the table!

I woulndn't be so excited. It seems from the first picture that they are using the same "Unique Monsters" system.

I, personally, will also love the use of lieutenants in the game but I wouldn't be so excited about it. If I recall correctly, there isn't any Lieutenant Activation List of Actions (aside from the Farrows and Splig, ofc), only Agent's activations. So...allowing lieutenants should mean that they will have to add such activations...something I think they won't do.

On the other hand, if you look at the left bottom corner it seems to be some sort of round and peril counter, which could mean that in certain cases an agent could appear. I'm guessing that perils will still be present in this mode but as to how strong will they be, it's something we will know by playing the actual game mode.

Anyway, we will see if our guessings were correct when we play it.

Edited by Volkren

I woulndn't be so excited. It seems from the first picture that they are using the same "Unique Monsters" system.

true

I, personally, will also love the use of lieutenants in the game but I wouldn't be so excited about it. If I recall correctly, there isn't any Lieutenant Activation List of Actions (aside from the Farrows and Splig, ofc), only Agent's activations. So...allowing lieutenants should mean that they will have to add such activations...something I think they won't do.

Lieutenant/Agent ... potato/potato ... I'm not fussed if what I'm fighting is technically an Agent or a Lieutenant, as long as I get to put the mini on the table! :)

(I know that there is a difference in stats/abilities ... but that doesn't worry me)

On the other hand, if you look at the left bottom corner it seems to be some sort of round and peril counter, which could mean that in certain cases an agent could appear. I'm guessing that perils will still be present in this mode but as to how strong will they be, it's something we will know by playing the actual game mode.

Yeah, one of the screens for the article on the new hero and monster pack specific side quests had the same counter ... I suspect it's a 'debug mode' on the version of the App they have at FFG and they forgot to turn it off before grabbing the shot or removing it after the fact.

Round 25 Peril 48 - yeeeeesh! :blink:

Anyway, we will see if our guessings were correct when we play it.

Fingers crossed! :)