Dice For Brains | Actual Play Review

By OpusEgg, in The Force Awakens Beginner Game

When Asmodee NA sent us a review copy of the new The Force Awakens Beginner Game, we were unsure what to do with it. Most people reviewed the game on the content of the box which didn't seem complete to me. This product is meant as a starting point for new players to get into FFGs Star Wars RPG, and I feel that is how it should be reviewed. So that is what we did. I assembled a bunch of new players (some d20 veterans, some completely new) and set out to review the actual play of the TFA beginner box. Here is our experiment:

Part 2 comes out on Sunday 10/02/16

DFB S03 Special Episode: The Force Awakens Beginner Game - Part 1

Will the new The Force Awakens Beginner Game serve as an exceptional entry point into this game and hobby? We have assembled a group of first timers to actually play it and uncover the answer. This is a trial by fire for FFGs new offering.

I'm a fan of you guys. I just finished Season 2 and was planning to listen to the Death Star specials before I begin with Season 3, but since I'm going to run TFA myself soon, I decided to skip ahead and listen to parts 1 & 2 of the TFA review. I really liked the new group! Not that there's anything wrong with Gree, Bher and Xen, far from it, but it was really refreshing to change it up a bit (including a new setting). Hope to hear more of them in the future!

Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying the show. We do plan on having all of the TFA cast back, some will be in season 4 starting up in a few weeks. The box is even effective with the added stress of a microphone in a new players face :)